What would you do?

sandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is, as everyone is saying, something that no one can tell you when or how, for me...I will combine his test results - whether there is the possibility of improving them without causing him greater discomfort - with what he tells me, and then once it is decided that there is no way to "fix it", as my last gift of love I will kiss him and sing him to sleep in my arms.
Pat & Alix - I couldn't have said it better myself.

Rang27 I am so happy to hear of Smokey's turnaround. It's kind of spooky, though, since this seems to be exactly what happened with Kitty not too long ago. Isn't the rollar coaster of emotions wonderful? I'm very happy to hear that Smokey is doing better and hope things continue to go so well. I agree with you - she wasn't ready yet either. Thank goodness! Continued good wishes and success!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was happy to hear that Smokey is doing better. I told my sister about your situation. She put down her cat of many years due to a lung disease. The vet talked her into putting him down, saying he would die anyway. She said now that if she had to do it over she would have taken Alex home, made him very comfortable, take a few days off to be with him and let him pass on his own (the vet did not think he was in pain). I thought I would share that with you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that Smokey is eating and doing better. It looks like she wasn't ready to go yet. Hope she gets to enjoy pepperoni for quite some time to come.