What would you do if you won the lottery??????

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleep. Retire. The rest, whatever I feel like doing at the moment..... I do!

freaknpink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quit job
Buy a nice bit of land
Build a house
Buy my mother a house
Open a no kill shelter for cats
Donate a large amount to feLV and fiv research
See the world

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, pay the taxes and give my tithe to the church. Then I would take my husband shopping. He would buy himself a new pickup truck, his choice. Then he would buy a zero turn mower. I would put money aside to pay for college for the grandchildren if they want to go when it is time. I would give a generous donation to our local PAWS. Every week I would go for a hair appointment at the beauty shop and I would hire a housekeeper. I might even buy myself a new car, :nod:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First and foremost...I would hire a cat nanny.
As much as I love my cats, it would be nice to have someone else do the dirty work (scooping/cleaning the litter boxes, cleaning up vomit, vacuuming up litter and hair, running errands for cat supplies, giving them their medicine, etc.).

And/or, I could tell my favorite veterinarian that I'll double her salary and she can come work for me.

Then I can relax and spend the money on all which you've already mentioned (debt, family, house, car, charity, etc.). A bed and breakfast has always been a dream of mine, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ondine  
In New Jersey, you have to reveal yourself, so I would set things up before claiming the prize so I could disappear right away.  I had a friend who won about $500,000 and he was actually stalked once his identity was revealed.  Not pretty.  But, I guess with that much money, you could hide pretty effectively.
  In Minnesota we have to reveal ourselves too, even if we win a large amount of money playing one of the scratch off games.  One of my co-workers and I got really excited when we found out one of the winning tickets had actually been sold in Minnesota.  Of course I didn't even come close to winning anything. 
  Only one of my numbers matched the winning numbers...so I'll just have to keep trying. 

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it to ourselves as long as possible... I'd probably still go to work for awhile too, mostly because I love my job. I'm sure Colin would quit his job in a heartbeat though. I would buy a house, one on front row Edisto Beach, and the awesome house on the Intracoastal Waterway that has a 10 car climate controlled garage (that would be our shop house)! Both houses would have a nice boat out front. I know one would be a Scout LXF 350 with triple 300s! I would also buy a house in the Smoky Mountains in TN or NC. I would pay off the minimal credit card debt and the $4000 car loan. I would pay off my parents house for them. I'm certain a few cars would be purchased - especially a 67 Camaro RS/SS. I would invest and "live off" the interest. A lot of traveling!!

Yeah I need to start playing the lottery :lol3:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it to ourselves as long as possible...
That isn't an option in Canada.  Part of large lottery win is an agreement that you will be identified in the media as the winner, complete with name and photograph.  You can't opt out either. If you don't agree, you don't get the money.

I'm surprised that no one has challenged that in a court of law.  I mean what happens if someone in the witness protection program wins, or someone who is in hiding from an abusive relationship?  They sure wouldn't want to have their picture broadcast around the country for safety reasons.  And who would you trust to go and claim the money on your behalf?!  I mean I'm trusting, but not that trusting!  lol