What would you do if someone stole your cats pictures?

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This woman is just repetitively annoying. She sent me a forward that was totally disgusting. I happened to be eating when I opened it and I wrote her asking her not to send me anymore forwarded emails. She continues to do so. She has taken my sisters photos before and it is just silly when she could easily ask first. I say cut her off. She shouldn't just take your pictures and not even give you credit.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are examples of watermarks.

I suggest putting them directly over the subject in the picture, otherwise someone could just crop the picture and remove it.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This happens all the time. Once a pic is posted anywhere on the net, it can go anywhere. If you took the photos, you do hold the copyright to them so she IS violating copyright laws by using them without your permission. I would ask her to remove them from her site and point out she's commiting copyright infringement by posting them. Hopefully she'll take them down.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Photoshop to put watermarks on, but you can download a free photo editing software called Gimp, which I heard is really good. http://gimp.org/downloads/ A simple way to do a watermark is to type over the photo. That is what I do for my husband's pictures for his work. I just type "copyright /company name/ 2008" Before I technically had my photography business, I just put "copyright kara /lastname/ 2008" which you can see in the photo of Gus.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been teased on a photography forum before for watermarking EVERYTHING, including photos of animals (this is a children's portrait photography forum, though). I figure, though, that I took them and don't want anyone else to claim them as theirs, so I do it regardless. Who knows why someone would want a picture of a bison, a goat, or a deer, but they might, you never know. lol Someone took your pictures of your cat!!
That proves my point exactly.