What Would You Be????

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I was 7 years old I aspired to be a lawyer/politician and I wanted to make a huge difference in the world politically.

Then I had this unique oppertunity to tutor English as a Second Language students and it changed my world! I absolutely know that I am on the path God intended for me. My people believe that "education is the new buffalo" and so do I.

I am living my dreams right now....but maybe in another 20 years I'll have a different answer (but hopefully not)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Emperor...Galactic Emperor that is. Coronation is in 2035 be there or be square.

All hail the great Galactic Emperor!

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think, that I'm one of the lucky few, and I'm doing it right now.

I work at an animal shelter and am pursuing my interests in training and I hope one day I can be either a behaviorist or a behavior consultant but in any case, I love what I do.

I guess what would be the icing on the cake would be if I could work with horses...

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My twist to this question has always been, "what would you have liked to have done for a living but you know you could not do it because of your personality"?

My answer is a crime scene detective (a la CSI or Forensic Files stuff). I find it utterly fascinating, but I know I could never really do that for a living because I could never deal with 1) the blood and guts, and 2) the emotional aspect. But watching it on TV is a different story and I like learning about it.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

I think, that I'm one of the lucky few, and I'm doing it right now.

I work at an animal shelter and am pursuing my interests in training and I hope one day I can be either a behaviorist or a behavior consultant but in any case, I love what I do.

I guess what would be the icing on the cake would be if I could work with horses...
It's so nice when you are doing something that you really love!

Originally Posted by Candlemaven

My twist to this question has always been, "what would you have liked to have done for a living but you know you could not do it because of your personality"?

My answer is a crime scene detective (a la CSI or Forensic Files stuff). I find it utterly fascinating, but I know I could never really do that for a living because I could never deal with 1) the blood and guts, and 2) the emotional aspect. But watching it on TV is a different story and I like learning about it.
Yes, I don't know how they deal with that sort of stuff - it would really bother me!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yah know...my mom and I were talking last night and I was telling her about my work with at risk youth and how one of my younger girls (6) has been raped and molested and I'd say so have 95% if not all of my girls have as well and I deal with that all that time and she says she doesn't know how I can.

I just thank God that I can because I just want to scoop these kids up and make sure no one ever hurts them again. I know it's not possible but I can be there for them and provide them a safe place if only for 2 hours.

She said she wishes she could deal with it but she can't.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

yah know...my mom and I were talking last night and I was telling her about my work with at risk youth and how one of my younger girls (6) has been raped and molested and I'd say so have 95% if not all of my girls have as well and I deal with that all that time and she says she doesn't know how I can.

I just thank God that I can because I just want to scoop these kids up and make sure no one ever hurts them again. I know it's not possible but I can be there for them and provide them a safe place if only for 2 hours.

She said she wishes she could deal with it but she can't.
I don't think I could either, but good for you! What a wonderul thing you do and you really make a difference for these kids!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I would like to be smarter.

I really do want to become a historian, but right now I feel too dumb to even get through the last semester of my BA. How will I ever make it through grad school??

sorry. I'm not in a great mood right now. I'll find a better answer later.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was younger me and my 2 other best friends were really good with makeup hair and nails.... Well I would do nails my friend Rhana would do the make up and waxin, tweezing, and my friend Kayla would do hair. We wanted to open our own salon where you could come and get treated like a princess and we would have a bar there. So while you are gettting your nails done or something you could sip on a nice glass of wine or something. We wanted to do something like that. We would deff have tanning there and a spa saunna and stuff like that. But we all grew up and now I live in New York and then are still in Nevada thats why we havent done anything
i dont know I thought it would be cool for a place for the ladies to come ya know?

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

When I was younger me and my 2 other best friends were really good with makeup hair and nails.... Well I would do nails my friend Rhana would do the make up and waxin, tweezing, and my friend Kayla would do hair. We wanted to open our own salon where you could come and get treated like a princess and we would have a bar there. So while you are gettting your nails done or something you could sip on a nice glass of wine or something. We wanted to do something like that. We would deff have tanning there and a spa saunna and stuff like that. But we all grew up and now I live in New York and then are still in Nevada thats why we havent done anything
i dont know I thought it would be cool for a place for the ladies to come ya know?
I think that would be great and totally do-able.
I'd go.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I'd totally LOVE to get my hair and all that jazz done at a place like that!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

I think that would be great and totally do-able.
I'd go.
aww thats awesome!!!!! I would deff give all tha ladies of TCS a discount and a drink on the house woo hoo!!!