What would my cat have looked like as a kitten?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't tell the color for sure, but this is my friend's somewhat similar looking cat as a kitten:

Here he is as an adult, does he look like your cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Neko-chan, I suspect the colors of the photo as such arent the same. "white balance" not the same.

In the kitten pictures the color-scale is cold, giving a blue impression to the whole photo.

Or "bluish stick".

In the adult picture the color scale is neutral or even warm, giving a warmer, more brownish impression to the picture.

Am I right?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be. I didn't know my friend's cat until after he was an adult (I got the photos from their webpage) so I don't know how accurate the baby photos are in color. He's a blue tabby.

This is probably a little closer to how he looks "in person" now, but he recently developed a thyroid condition and he's lost the "tom cat" face shape he used to have like he does in the adult pic I posted earlier, and his fur may have also changed due to the condition:

Here's another baby photo:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicaromano

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He appears a bit darker and has some brown mixed in, possibly what's giving him the darker shade, but other than that he looks Very similar to my cat so I'd say the kitten photo would match her well, thank you. She must have been an adorable kitty!