What would he be called (one of my delly beans babies)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to say lilac tabby point but possably chocolate too. Maybe burmese?

A dsh though with no papers.

The white markings are called socks. At least in horses they are.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are eyes blue?

On points white socks are often called for mitted.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dels mum was 1/2 maincoon and his dads parents were both 1/4.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes brighter than my flame point siamese’s eyes actually
Ok. Why I ask. someone above mentioned burmese. Yes, the combo of siamese point and burmese point become darkish already as kittens, but they also have seldom good blue eyes; because the burmese point isnt connected with blue eyes..... Breeders of such crosses try to breed for blue eyes, but it doesnt come by default.

so, if he has brigt blue eyes, the answer here is another.

Seal point with white spots, tends to darken up quicker than otherwise.... Why this is so, I dont know, but its a practical fact... Not all do so, but its common enough. Him being a tabby adds to to his body becoming darker - its really the tabby coloring coming thorought.

So, he is a regular seal lynx point with white.

Im not sure if its lotsa of kitten fuzziness, or if he will become medium / long hair... We will see with time.

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. Why I ask. someone above mentioned burmese. Yes, the combo of siamese point and burmese point become darkish already as kittens, but they also have seldom good blue eyes; because the burmese point isnt connected with blue eyes..... Breeders of such crosses try to breed for blue eyes, but it doesnt come by default.

so, if he has brigt blue eyes, the answer here is another.

Seal point with white spots, tends to darken up quicker than otherwise.... Why this is so, I dont know, but its a practical fact... Not all do so, but its common enough. Him being a tabby adds to to his body becoming darker - its really the tabby coloring coming thorought.

So, he is a regular seal lynx point with white.

Im not sure if its lotsa of kitten fuzziness, or if he will become medium / long hair... We will see with time.
He is already showing to be a long hair with what appears to be either a really thick coat or double coated

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is already showing to be a long hair with what appears to be either a really thick coat or double coated
CC857F5B-B47D-47FE-936C-D22AF5DD974E.jpeg

cause this is his sister and shes no where near as fuzzy as her brothers

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We notice she is a black tabby with mittens / white paws... Ie essentially the same pattern and color as he. Although he is also both point and longhair.

Both these are recessive genes, but if both momma and daddy are carriers, its usually somebody in the litter whom gets them doubled up (and is a point and or longhair). Although not always the same individual.

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We notice she is a black tabby with mittens / white paws... Ie essentially the same pattern and color as he. Although he is also both point and longhair.

Both these are recessive genes, but if both momma and daddy are carriers, its usually somebody in the litter whom gets them doubled up (and is a point and or longhair). Although not always the same individual.
78896028-2049-46F5-B69D-02256B6C544F.jpeg

this is the aunt to the kittens same litter as the father, so ye i guess that makes sense.
C1A11ADC-380B-4BDA-A385-CA12792DFF3B.jpeg

and this is the father of the kittens

Attachments