What will the babies be?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, okay.
I will be sure you let you know what colors she has... I hope they all survive. The internist at my vet's said that she has experience in kittening small cats, and she'd be happy to take over for me when she's due.. we'll see how many are in there before I decide. Of course, she wants a small fee for this... (ha, small....) but it might be the smart thing to do. I didn't mention that in my other thread.

We DO NOT plan to breed her... we just moved so many times, we were afraid to get her spayed because we wanted her to have a secure place to recover, and then Ziggy got dropped into my lap (men... short-sighted, but you gotta love'em...).

It would be cool to someday have folded babies, but I don't plan on it. I'm not a breeder, and I don't ever plan to be one, unless I am retired and I take it up as a hobby, that won't wouldn't be for a few decades.
I'm only 25. After she's done nursing, she will get spayed. She's so tiny that I don't think long term breeding would be appropriate, even if she does alright with this litter.

I just REALLY want some blue tabbies... so cross your fingers for me!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will and maybe one day you can have both - a Blue Tabby Scottish Fold. I'd contact a few SF breeders and see what they have or can steer you towards a SF breeder that might have the blue tabbies.

Blues are not that popular in most breeds, but they occur - so you might want to start searching now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awl, why not? I think they are gorgeous. ALL kitties are gorgeous...

That's an idea... but I won't be getting any more cats for several years! I hate to put it this way, but unless someone out there really needs my help and I cross their way (like a kitten in the road), I don't plan on any more cats until the ones I have have passed (not all of them, of course... I just don't want more than four or five kitties).

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid blue or blue tabbies just are not "flashy" cats. Now if they have some white or cream on them, it makes them stand out a little more.

The only exception is a good typey British Blue or a Russian Blue, or Korat - the natural "one" color cats (RB and Korats, anyway). But even the RB's/Korats are not just solid blues - they both have silver tipping in the coats.

My first cat was a blue tabby and white - he had the white chest and paws and did ok in the shows - not real flashy, but handsome cat. I've had others that did a lot better in shows.