what will my litter look like?

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

HELLO!! :D

My little girl is due to have a litter of 5-6 babies any day now and I'm curious about what the kits will look like.

She is a BEAUTIFUL muted calico (her colors look darker in the picture) and the male she mated with is a solid black with no tabby markings or anything that can be seen.

What do you think her babies will look like?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The Harlequin pattern she has, is pretty dominant, so it may even be so everyone will carry this pattern.

Some kitten may be black or grey.  You say, she is darker on the pic, so her red splotches are perhaps creme?   And the black ones are perahps even  grey "blue"? She as apparently the dilution gene too.   If so, we will get this scale:

Copies of her, with more or less of the colors.  Perhaps also some all  Black or grey "blue" kitten.

There will be no tabbies, as none parent is a tabby.   And thus, it increases dramatically the probability her rather strong pattern will go on - tabby is the most dominant gene.

Please come back and report when the kitens are delivered.   You are of course also welcome to our forum for Pregnants and Kittens, to follow the pregnancy and the kitten care.
HELLO!!

My little girl is due to have a litter of 5-6 babies any day now and I'm curious about what the kits will look like.

She is a BEAUTIFUL muted calico (her colors look darker in the picture) and the male she mated with is a solid black with no tabby markings or anything that can be seen.

What do you think her babies will look like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! She is more of a creme and light grey
I can see very very faint stripes on her tail but they are very light.

I'm hoping for some of the kittens to have some black. I am so excited for these kittens I'll post pictures as soon as they're born♡
Here Is another picture that shows her face. I love the markings on her ears and how the spot sits right in the center of her forehead.

I also have a thread in the pregnancy forum. :3