What will my kitten look like?

mamasan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mama cat had 4 babies (see photo). 3 are striped or marbles tabby cats, Mochi was born pure white but now at 2 weeks color points are becoming apparent. She has a dark nose and pink pads. Any ideas?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a point, "siamese-mix".  I expect  he will also be a tabby and have the same color as his littermates, somewhat brownish...  He will be a lynx point as they say.

Mamma is a carrier of the point gene, and the dear daddy is also he a carrier.  The point gene is of the type "you need two to dance tango" - so voilá - in this litter one of four kittens becomes a points.

The siamese ancestor may be even 50 generations back...

Nay, the interesting in this litter is you say, some of the kittens are marbled, and some striped.   And this leaves us with the riddle, if momma carries both these types of tabby, or momma and daddy have one each...

How is momma looking?  do you know anything about daddy?

I presume none of them is a point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamasan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the daddy cat (or at least 1 of them [emoji]128553[/emoji]). Getting mama fixed as soon as we can, hopefully in about 2 weeks.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So daddy is red.  Mamma is not.  Red sits on the X-cromosome, so none of the boys will be red after him.  Possibly a girl if there is one.

I guess the colors are coming from momma...  The pattern Im still a little unsure, I dont see the patterns clear enough...  But its perhaps no big deal.

You asked about the pointed kitten, and you got the answer.   :)

Cats can have several fathers in the litter, but Im sure that is not that common as many thinks.   The differences in kittens looks can usually be explained by rather basic genetics.

Although I have HAD noticed different fathers  several times.  For example; parents not tabbies, most kittens not tabbies, but one kitten is a tabby.   The mailman was on visit, loud and clear. (unless it was the janitor of course).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the red tom is the daddy, all girls will be torties/torbies (or tortie/torbie point, in Mochi's case!). I suppose you'll be able to tell if she's the milkman's daughter soon enough :tongue2:.

But I think she is a tortie point. In the pic, her left paw seems to have one pink toe among the darker toes? If I'm seeing that right, yep, she's a tortie point!

I think the one snuggled up next to Mochi in the pic with the mama cat is a torbie. Is that one a girl and the other 2 are boys?

Last edited:

mamasan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep! The one next to Mochi is a girl, the other 2 are boys. Mochi is a girl but all her pads are pink pink pink[emoji]128151[/emoji]

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not the pads, but see where her paw has dark pigmentation, but a small area is light? That's red/cream coloring, part of how you can tell she's tortie point.

mamasan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you thank you! I knew you all would have an idea! Can't wait to see how her colors change as she grows.