What were you afraid of as a child?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't laugh at me when I tell you this!
I was afraid of TOILETS!!
I always thought that something was going to come out of it when I flushed it!! I would flush an run!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I was terrified of the dark!
I still don't like it very much!
ME TOO!

I was always afraid of the show Unsolved Mysteries. The guy who hosted that show - his voice ALWAYS creeped me out!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was such an irrational child.
Like Eva, I was quite sure there were scary things under my bed, but only in the dark. I had wolves - scary, gross drooling and snarling wolves with glowing red eyes. If I didn't get to my bed fast enough after turning off the light on the other side of the room, they would grab my ankles and drag me under the bed and eat me - I was really sure they would!

I was also scared of people watching me behind a two-way mirror in the bathroom. Apparently they lived in the middle of the house where there are no rooms. But I knew they were perverts who shouldn't be watching me in the bathroom! (OK, I didn't know what a pervert was then, but I knew it was bad.)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I was also scared of people watching me behind a two-way mirror in the bathroom. Apparently they lived in the middle of the house where there are no rooms. But I knew they were perverts who shouldn't be watching me in the bathroom! (OK, I didn't know what a pervert was then, but I knew it was bad.)
I am still paranoid about this! I keep hearing stories of how they use them to look at girls in bathrooms these days and record them. It freaks me out!!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was afraid of hands. My grandparents had a tile bathroom and I was afraid that the tile would hinge out and a hand would come out and grab me. This also went for the drain and under the bed. I was afraid of the loft in our church, just knew SOMETHING was up there. I was terified of people too. My mom would say I was just shy, but I would freeze if anyone even spoke to me.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to my sister (may she rest in Peace), I was terrified of being in the bathtub when the plug was pulled and being sucked down the drain.
And flushing the toilet while still on it for the same reason.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Thanks to my sister (may she rest in Peace), I was terrified of being in the bathtub when the plug was pulled and being sucked down the drain.
And flushing the toilet while still on it for the same reason.
I am just glad I am not the only one who was afraid of toilets!!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was afraid of sewer drains (by the side of the streets)...because I thought that Penny wise (from IT) would come out and grab me.....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was afraid of the dark, I think I had a nightlight till I was like 13 or something. I was also afraid of the basement-it wasn't old and dank or anything like that, it just scared me. If i had to go down to get something off the shelves I RAN!!!!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earthworms!! And I still can't bring myself to touch one! I can't even go fishing unless there's someone to put the worm on the hook!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Don't laugh at me when I tell you this!
I was afraid of TOILETS!!
I always thought that something was going to come out of it when I flushed it!! I would flush an run!!
I was afraid of toilets too!
Especially the ones that flushed really loud. I was afraid the toilet was going to break loose from the wall and chase me.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh - I was also afraid to sit in the front seat of a black car. Ever since I was about 4 I have had re-occuring nightmares that I will die in a car accident when I am the front seat passenger of a black car. I have had that exact same nightmare thousands of times in the last 30 years.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~Cellars
~Attics
~The monsters under the bed
~my stuffed koala bear (he was cute during the day, but at night his little beady eyes scared me, so he had to face the wall when I went to bed)

All my stuffed cats and my real Timmycat would sleep with me and protect me though.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the dark, those claws on old bathtubs - I was scared that they would run after me. Also was afraid of mirrors - I used to think that they were portals to another world and that people would be able to come through and hurt me at night time. I dont know where I got that idea, a movie maybe.
the broomstick scene in fantasia scared the heck out of me, when I saw it at the movies, I was crying hysterically because I was so scared.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you know what else im scared?

Public toilets, im scared there is some sort of camera or there is someone watching me from the bottom or top of the cublicles

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, as a tomboy, I was afraid of nothing. Now, looking back, I can't believe some of the things I did and wasn't afraid. I'm more afraid now than I was then! Ignorance is bliss!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was scared of anything and everything!!!!!!!!!!
The devil and being possesed
Ghosts/demons
Demon children( Pet cemetary)
The dark
I thought something would grab my feet if I put them down by the bed in the middle of the night.
Lakes because of those big stergons.
Bees
Orange Cats. (Dad had a mean one)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was convinced the neighbour was a vampire. I remember my first nightmare was about him