What weird things do you know/can you do?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet I volunteered for in high school taught us how to neuter a cat, then looked at us and said "Now girls, this procedure works the same way in boys.
" And since I took classes like biology and anatomy where we had to dissect things, I usually had a dissection kit complete with scalpel in my backpack. Needless to say, the boys didn't often mess with me.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sbw999

oops almost forgot....I am the only one that can take this sentence, and by adding the correct grammar and punctuation, make it a perfectly proper sentence:

John where James had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Why don't you put the correct grammar and punctuation into the sentence before it?

"I am the only one who can take THIS sentence and, by using the correct grammar and punctuation, make it a perfectly proper sentence."

oh...and

John, where James had had "had," had had "had had." "Had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

You wanna have a go at this one?

Wouldn't the sentence I want to put a hyphen between the words fish and and and and and chips in my fish-and-chips sign have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before fish and between fish and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and chips as well as after chips?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Why don't you put the correct grammar and punctuation into the sentence before it?

"I am the only one who can take THIS sentence and, by using the correct grammar and punctuation, make it a perfectly proper sentence."

oh...and

John, where James had had "had," had had "had had." "Had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

Wouldn't the sentence I want to put a hyphen between the words fish and and and and and chips in my fish-and-chips sign have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before fish and between fish and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and chips as well as after chips?
And I thought I was pretty good at English! I guess not! LOL

I am really good at remember the smallest detail of something and forgettign the main idea! LOL It isn't very helpful but it DOES take talent!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

And I thought I was pretty good at English! I guess not! LOL

I am really good at remember the smallest detail of something and forgettign the main idea! LOL It isn't very helpful but it DOES take talent!!
Eeheeheehee I know that feeling... my real talent tends to lie in forgetting things! For example, forgetting what I had for breakfast. Then remembering that I forgot to HAVE breakfast!!
English was always my strong point. It comes from having grown up in a family in which my parents insisted on my using the correct grammar and pronunciation - as kids we never dropped t's or d's, we always spoke clearly and concisely and mum put a lot of effort into making sure our handwriting was always neat, that we could both spell and use correct grammar and punctuation.

We never got to scuff our feet (I find that sound highly irritating anyway) either, come to think about it! We were brought up to be nice!
(I wonder where they went wrong with me!
)

Anyway, back to the topic in hand... if you want to know of any strange things I can do, that is... I've discovered that I can go to sleep in the splits. I do various leg stretches when I get the "wet weather aches" and, last night, my boyfriend came home to find me asleep on the floor in the splits position! I'm glad I was tired. It took me forever to be able to stand up again with the pins and needles!

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

oh...and

lol
..very good LilleKat!!!!! Now Ill work on yours