What Weird Thing Do You Collect?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
There are actually fully-formed miniature roses that aren't much bigger than a grain of rice. They even have a slight scent. The whole bush is smaller than a teacup.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are actually fully-formed miniature roses that aren't much bigger than a grain of rice. They even have a slight scent. The whole bush is smaller than a teacup.
I've seen those. They don't do very well - at least not for me. Not sure why

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When I visit an area for the first time I normally pick up a Christmas ornament.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I should start collecting cookbooks, if for no other reason than it'd be nice to add some new meals into my rotation :lol:

And I'd love to start collecting honey-- just the tiny little bottles-- from every state. I have PA, MD, OH, IL, and IN right now.

Do any of you enjoy antique stores?
Do NOT start collecting cookbooks! It gets out of hand before you know it. I started out with about 150. Now, after culling, I have over 4,000. Yes, that's a four with three zeroes after it. Some are priceless like the one made for ration stamps. Otherwise, there are just too many to be able to find things unless you keep a very extensive database.

The sad thing is I still buy one once a while because I think a cookbook is a good buy if you get a couple of recipes out of it.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, but I love cookbooks. Like you, I think that, if you can find at least two good recipes from the book, then it's worth buying. And Dear Richard swears by cookbooks with cookie recipes. If I talk to him about a cookbook, he'll always ask, "Are there cookies?" And when I say, "Yes!" he looks at me and says, "So the problem is......?"

I read a cookbook like most people read a novel. I will take it to bed with me and read the thing from cover to cover. When I come across a recipe that I might like to try, I'll throw a post-it in the page. As a result, most of my cookbooks have pieces of post-its throughout.

And notes. Cookbooks are not to be read and then tucked onto a shelf. They're meant to be used. I use mine and I write in mine. Recipes are highlighted. So if you ever get one of my cookbooks, you'll see something like, "That's wrong! Use a full tablespoon" or "a good teaspoon of basil" or "Graham likes red wine". My cookbooks show my opinions, which may (or may not) be a good thing.