What Was Your Worst Day That You Can Recall?

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The day I found out that the most precious person to me in my whole world had cancer and was going to die. They just didn't know when and predicted six months. (she didn't last six weeks). I'm actually tearing up just thinking about that day. By far the worst day of my life. EVER.

When she did die I was beginning to come to terms that I'd loose her so it didn't hurt as much, plus the entire family was there. It was how she wanted to go. So that made it easier. But when I found out? That was utter devastation. She had been getting better after a surgery. I was completely taken by surprise.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few pretty bad days, but one that really stands out is when my grandmother died. It was the first person I loved that died, and the first time I ever even thought about death. It was Easter Sunday and we had actually visited that day, and made plans for the summer. I was 10 years old, and I dreamt about her for years and years after that.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My worst day ever was July 22, 1994. My mom had been really sick and I was going to pick up her laundry and do it over the weekend.

Well, I went to her building and rang her number, so she could buzz me into the building... No response.

A neighbor was coming down the stairs and let me in. My mom never locked her door, so I let myself in. I went to the living room, no mom. I looked in the the bathroom and she was laying on the floor. I yelled out the window for DH and went to let him in while I was on the phone with the 911 operator. DH started CPR but we both knew it was too late. The paramedics told me that she had been gone for a couple of hours when I found her. It was her heart and she was only 64.

I needed to call my brothers, one who lives in San Diego and one who lives in Oklahoma, but I needed to calm myself down first. I called the one who lives in Oklahoma first and told him the bad news. He broke down completely. It appears that he had a photo of our mom on his refrigerator and it had fallen to the floor that day. He told me he picked it up and said "you can't die yet mom!" and put it back. Then I call with the news a couple of hours later. He thought she may have died at the precise time the photo fell.

He and his girlfriend borrowed money to fly out and a friend took me down to L.A. to pick them up. They helped me pick out the coffin and flowers. Mom just had a graveside service per her wishes.

What made me really angry was that my brother that lived in the same state couldn't be bothered to come until the night before the service. He didn't even go to the viewing. Granted, his wife at the time was pregnant but not that far along that he couldn't come up and be with his only brother and sister. And then at the graveside service, he looked like a mafia hitman and smugly introduced himself to the funeral director. The funeral director gave ME the guest book and everything.

That was the worst day and week of my life..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It appears that he had a photo of our mom on his refrigerator and it had fallen to the floor that day. He told me he picked it up and said "you can't die yet mom!" and put it back. Then I call with the news a couple of hours later. He thought she may have died at the precise time the photo fell.
That gave me goose bumps just reading it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

My worst day was when my 2nd exhusband threatened me with a gun and I had to leave in fear for my life with 6 cats and few possesions. I went to stay with a friend and in the mean time he moved his also married girl friend into my home!!! Then I found out he spent all our saving acct money and I was broke. That money by the way was money that my grandmother left me when she died. I had to sleep on the floor for 8 months in a small room with my cats. I felt so awful for the cats. Honestly had it not been for the love I have for my cats I don't think I would have had the will to survive this. I lost everything I had and had to start my life from scratch. He married this woman after all the divorces were final. Last I heard he is delinquent in over 30k in credit card debt. She has money but not for long.....:lol3
You brought back memories of when I moved to Texas to be with an ex-bf, who turned out to be mentally ill and an abuser, and who also kicked me out into the streets after arriving. I won't go into details, but I had never been so terrified in my life.
I had nowhere to go, and no money to get back home with. And also like you, if it wouldn't have been for the love I had for my furbies who kept me going,
I don't know just how I would have gotten through that horrifying time.

Y'all have been through some really horrible times.
You make my 'bad' day sound like a walk in the park. I'm so sorry..

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
the day my parents came to my apartment in Addison to tell me my brother had been killed in a motorcycle accident. he was 22.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am crying reading all of these sad stories.
I don't think I would get through some of the times you guys have gone through.
You all are SO strong.

I think the worst day for me was my first day in the hospital for Anorexia. I was still very much into my illness and was crying hysterically because I wanted to go home. My parents had to leave me there though because I was really sick. I got a lot better there but it was one of the hardest experiences of my entire life.

Maybe even worse than that was when I had my first panic attack. I didn't know what was happening, and thought I was losing my mind and going to die. It was probably the worst experience I've ever gone through because I felt I was not in reality anymore.

I really need my kitty now.