What was your Pre-Adoption name?

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Horatio was "Squeeker"
- I adopted him when he was 9 months old.

Yuki was "Lurleen"
- I adopted her when she was just under a year.

Max was "Max"
- I adopted him when he was 10 months old... he is still 10 months old He'll be a year old on 10/15

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think we've renamed any of the cats!

Julius - got as an 8 week old kitten, named him Julius because he's orange

Spike - adopted him from the shelter with that name

Spunky - adopted him with that name from the rescue

Brady - named from the rescue

Amelia - she was a stray, she's the only girl, but you wouldn't know it, lol, she acts more manly than the boy cats. So we gave her a tough girly name, lol.

The dogs:

Honey - adopted her when she was 7 weeks old, my mom named her Honey because she's brown
, however, she's such a sweetheart, so it does fit her now, lol, she was a terror as a puppy!

Cody - now him we did rename
he was originally Wilson, from Denis the Menace, but we wanted to name him something to do with my fiance's truck, a Dodge Dakota, so we settled on Dakota, Cody for short. He answers great to it, so no worries.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smokie is now Beastie, Snagglepuss, Snugglepuss, Grumpelstilkin or Worf

As you can tell we can't seem to find something that sticks.

Frostie has officially been renamed as of last night. Princess Zagnut

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can change there names???

Angel was named "Angel Soft" because she is white and soft like tissue..

Chestnut was named Chestnut, but I call her Chessy. I never thought about changing their names..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Sassy Lane was Sissy, which probably means she had a brother named Bubba.
That's just way too funny!
But probably true.

KitKatt

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maverick was Maverick, and I kept the name the same for him b/c I thought it was cool,
and he had a 'purr'-sonality like a maverick.

Winchester was Augustus Cesar (Gus for short), named by the people who rescued him after some
threw him out of a car window.
I thought he was a little "pistol," so I renamed him Winchester.

Geronimo was Lucifer. I'll admit he can be a little "demon"
sometimes, but he's not "evil" (he just has "issues"
). I considered him more of a "warrior," so I chose the name Geronimo.

I don't recall Spencer's former name.
he had one (given to him by the people who worked at my b/f's workplace), but it didn't fit him. He looked like a Spencer to me. I originally was gonna name him Caruso, but it just didn't seem to fit.

Gabriel was Griz: I have no idea why the humane society people named him that.
To me he looked like a little "angel," so I called him Gabriel.

Those are the cats that I have now: the following are the cats I used to have, before they crossed over the Rainbow Bridge....

Shadow was Hector (YUK! - those people at the HS sure pick some real hookey names!), and Sterling was Baby (another HS name): he got his name b/c of his beautiful silver color.

Foxy was always Foxy (he was previously my sister's cat, and she named him). I never bothered to change it, b/c I thought he was "foxy."

I don't recall Damian former name, either.
But it was another hookey one given to him by the HS people. I named him Damian, b/c he had just a touch of "evil" in him.

BuffPuff & Cheeto were always BuffPuff & Cheeto: they were given to me as kittens by my former landlord. BuffPuff looked like a little puff of fur, amd Cheeto was named Cheeto b/c of his orange color.

KittKatt

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot the dogs(I think)!

Macey was Macey.
Coco, we got from a "breeder". He informed my dad later that she was named Chicken

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was volunteering at a humane society when I was around 12, there was this Egyptian Mau mix that the previous owner named Buckwheat.
What kind of name was that?! (This was way before Harry Potter if you recognized the Buckwheat name.) I finally convinced someone to name it Tut after King Tut.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

When I was volunteering at a humane society when I was around 12, there was this Egyptian Mau mix that the previous owner named Buckwheat.
What kind of name was that?! (This was way before Harry Potter if you recognized the Buckwheat name.) I finally convinced someone to name it Tut after King Tut.
"Buckwheat" reminds me of the old Little Rascals show that used to be on TV. Wasn't there a Buckwheat on that show?

Shows y'all how old I am!

~KK~

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stanley was "Stella" until someone noticed, um something that Stella shouldn't have, so they named him "Romeo"--I can understand it, he is a love bug...but he's also a Stanley

Bella was "Tiger Cat"...oh, the indignity