What was your "moment" with your stray/feral/semi-feral?

stv09iro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! 

I am currently sitting on the couch, and my semi-feral foster cat Mandu is sleeping with his head on my feet! When he first came just seeing him out of his hiding place was a big deal, so this is just making me feel elated and I felt like I just had to share.

We still can't pet him, and he's such a deep sleeper that I'm not even sure if he knows what he's doing, but it still feels great :) We've been trying so hard for so long. 

I feel like everyone here must have shared some great moments with their stray/feral/semi-feral cats, and I would love to hear some of your stories and special breakthrough moments! It would certainly give me a boost during those days when everything seems to be backtracking   
Mandu making first contact with humans while in a sleepy stupor

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, how sweet!  Isn't it great?

When Chester, the cat in my avatar, came to us, he was a six month old feral.  I knew nothing about feral cats and we did everything wrong!  Through research, I learned about ferals and gradually began to see Chester for who he was.  He has been inside for six years now and will still only allow short scritches on the top of his head.  Scratch his shoulders and he bolts.

But every once in awhile, he'll come into the room and blink at me or my husband.  We always react with delight "Blinkies, Chester, blinkies!"  He will do it for a few minutes, wait for a blink or two back, then leave.  It never fails to make my heart sing!