What was your first car?

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first car was a green 1996 Chervolet Cavalier Z24 coupe. Bought her in 2000 after getting my licence when I was 16. Parents paid for half and the insurance. I paid the other half and gas. I sold her in 2003 and bought my current baby (2003 Ford Escape Limited) that I drive today.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first car that was actually MINE was a 1978 Pontiac Firebird, and it was the ugliest thing you could ever imagine. It was burgandy, with an orange racing stripe (why THAT color combo, I have no idea), and the fiberglass door panels and dashboards both front and back faded to a fushia color from the sun, but it ran great! V8 engine could take the mountains here with no problem. I actually accidently raced a state trooper in her, and almost beat him. Luckily, it was the middle of the night, I was 20 and cute, and he just put on his hat, winked and turned off into the barracks.

My dad actually had to take out the seat and put a concrete block under it so I could see above the steering wheel (I am a little over 5 ft), plus I had to sit on three seat pads, but I loved that car. I drove the crap out of her for 4 years before she literally died. That is the only car I cried over losing. Ahhh...so many memories....

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My very first car was a Ford Fiesta, Navy Blue....that was the car I took for a drive once I'd passed my test. I was out on the road within 3 hours of getting back from the test centre!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a truck. I forget which make or model. But I loved it.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first car that was mine to drive (my Dad picked it out and I had to pay him back the $200) was a battleship grey 1952 Chevy with a stick and no radio. When Dad brought it home I didn't even know how to drive a stick.

The first car I bought for myself was a 1965 Mustang coupe that I got in 1975 for $300. I was in heaven----until I was hit by a drunk driver on the highway and my baby was totaled.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a real old Chrysler Vailient. All the boys liked it because is was a V8. It was a sporty thing I guess. to me it was just a car. Got it up to 112 mph. Bad bad me. Reckless youth I was. I frightens me to have that memorie.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first car was a 1967 Buick Gran Sport. I bought it in 1977 and paid $700 for it. That was my first loan and I was so nervous about that $48 a month car payment!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first car was a mini that I bought with my sister. It was like a 60's model or something, beautiful shape and British racing green. Sweet car, which unfortunately didn't survive our teenage driving. It did last a few years until sis and her friends had to push it to the nearest garage to offload on a mechanic there.
I hope he restored it or something...That car was such fun! You would not believe how many people and how much junk you can fit in a mini if you try. I moved twice in that car! And the fuel efficiency was amazing, and much appreciated during our student years.
I would love a new mini now! Just love one! BMW owned, so they must be good. Our old one used to die in the rain if it hit the distributor cap at the wrong angle.
We would have to stop and dry it out and spray on WD40 to get it going again. We learned a lot about car maintainence the hard way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

My first car was a mini that I bought with my sister. It was like a 60's model or something, beautiful shape and British racing green. Sweet car, which unfortunately didn't survive our teenage driving. It did last a few years until sis and her friends had to push it to the nearest garage to offload on a mechanic there.
I hope he restored it or something...That car was such fun! You would not believe how many people and how much junk you can fit in a mini if you try. I moved twice in that car! And the fuel efficiency was amazing, and much appreciated during our student years.
I would love a new mini now! Just love one! BMW owned, so they must be good. Our old one used to die in the rain if it hit the distributor cap at the wrong angle.
We would have to stop and dry it out and spray on WD40 to get it going again. We learned a lot about car maintainence the hard way.
Here's a link to an article about the Mini:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...inging-Sixties