What was your cat's original name?

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mabby was Named by us.....

Doofus was named by us...we have no clue if he had an original name

Emmet was named Emmet by his previous owner...But we kept it cause he looks like an Emmet.......

Poppy on the other hand, was named Sierra...She does not look like a Sierra, she never even acknowleged it...so we thought, new better life, new better name....so we named her Poppy........Plus I figured Stephs Sierra might get upset....

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocky was a shelter kitty, and the daughter of the foster mother called him "squeakers". It did sort of fit b/c his meows are very hi and squeaky, esp when he was younger. I must admit, I kind of thought it was dumb, plus I had a hamster when I was young named sneakers. We had already picked out the name Rocky anyway.

I don't know what Zakk's original owner called him. The co-worker of mine/ex landlord of her called him Hillside, b/c that's the name of the street of the apartment house.
My coworker who rescued the kittens was calling them "mouse" and "snuggles" My friend who is taking Jelly is calling them that b/c her cat is peanut. My coworker was about to insist she call him Butter. Suzie was just the little one until her name occured to me.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reilly has always been Reilly but my mom's cat Simmie used to be Buttons (that's when we thought she was a boy) and my mom's cat Honey used to be called Dolly.

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cotton and Spike were Timon & Pumbaa. Cute but not really suited to them.

Cotton comes from the fact that he's all white and we passed a beautiful cotton field on the way home from picking him up, and my fiance named Spike after Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lets see....Pumpkin was Pumpkin at the shelter. Mooch and Noodles weren't really named. They just went by Gray and Black. Bunny was named by her former owners and answers to it so I wanted to just change it to Hunny Bunny but we end up just calling her Bunny anyway! Tiger was my step-fathers before he married my mohter. Glory came from a cousin's litter and Tinsel I was too young to remember.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We named Much and Petunia as they didn't have names.

Carly was already named and we were too lazy to think of anything though she didn't really answer to it. She now does.

Lucy was named Paloma because she reminded the vet tech of a Picasso painting. Paloma was too big a mouthful for such a tiny kitten. Lucy matches her tortietude better.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Savanna from the humane society. I have no clue what they called her.
Everyone else I got off the streets!!!

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what Meow's name was at the Humane Society. That was a long time ago, and I was pretty young. Loki's name we didn't change.

Bella and her littermates either weren't named, or they couldn't decide which name belonged to which girlie. I think that one girl was named Spindles, and I can't remember the other name. None of the litter was particularly spindly, though. None of her adoption papers have a name on them, just an ID number.

And Rowan is a foundling.

amanda8501

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shadows name at the shelter was kiwi....i thought it was to girly....so i changed it =0)

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all of my boys already named. nacho and Orion stayed what my brother and his gilfriend named them.

Poptart and Gordito were adopted from a rescue I worked for previously.. and we kept their names.. but I very rarely call them their name unless they are getting into something
its usually just Poopie for Poptart and Gordy or Dordy for Gordito =)