What was your cat's name?

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of my kitties kept their names. However, I want to name a cat Loki, so when I saw his picture and his name I knew he was the one.

Possum I had for three weeks on a trial adoption, and I didn't want to start calling him something different in case it didn't work out with him living with me and Loki. Then, when I decided that he staying, I felt that I couldn't just start calling him something different. Everybody else seems to like his name. It's okay, but it's definitely not something I would have picked out. Besides, Possum really, really knows his name well, and now that I think about it, I don't think he would have took to another name.

My dog, Lady came with her name, and we decided to keep it since my sister and I couldn't think of anything better that would fit her (we were 8).

Actually, the only animal in out family that we've changed the name of is my sister's dog, Jinx. Jinxie's original name was Socks (or Sox), and my sister felt (as do we all) that Socks is a cat's name, not a dog's name! Jinx really fits her better, too.

Tricia

uakellie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine was Oreo at the shelter (a tuxedo cat) but I hated it. I am HORRIBLE at naming animals, so I just started calling him kitty. Everytime my mom would come over she would ask me if I named him yet, and I would always say "no" so she started calling him "John Doe" so his name is now Johnny

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusty (adopted from the shelter when she was bout 6 months old) was named "Greta".

Call it stubbornness but I didn't want her keeping a name someone gave her, who gave her UP to the freaking shelter. She is the sweetest thing after all these years, still!!! So I renamed her 'Dusty' cuz she looks like a dustmop.

Hammie (adopted from HS as a kitten) was fostered by a great lady. She had named him "Simba". I was going to keep the name, but, he acted a lot like a cartoon character my daughter likes called Hamtaro. So we nicknamed him Hammie, like the character.

The others, I got to name first hand!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by UAKellie

Mine was Oreo at the shelter (a tuxedo cat) but I hated it. I am HORRIBLE at naming animals, so I just started calling him kitty. Everytime my mom would come over she would ask me if I named him yet, and I would always say "no" so she started calling him "John Doe" so his name is now Johnny
That is really cute!

(I know several cats named Oreo here. One isn't even a tuxedo. It was deffinately not an option for Mooch's name. Nothing against the name, just too common here!)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't a clue about Zissou's life much before she came home with me, but if she had a name it was in cat-speak. I think the people who took her in for less than a day called her 'Tiger' or 'Stripes' or something, but she was so sick I doubt she responded to anything.

uakellie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

That is really cute!

(I know several cats named Oreo here. One isn't even a tuxedo. It was deffinately not an option for Mooch's name. Nothing against the name, just too common here!)
Yeah, I didn't really want my cat named after a cookie! LOL (I'm a big girl and I can just hear them now "Look at the fat girl that named her cat after cookies!!" LOL J/K)

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being that he was 1 1/2 years old when I got him, Spot has kept his name. However, the black spot on his head when I got him disappeared months after-- so now he's solid white, but named Spot. People think I am kidding them when they ask what his name is.
I adopted a dog that was german shephard/rottweiler mix and his name was "Bob"; being only 8 weeks old or so, I renamed him "Apache".

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Prior to Charlie and Jasmine we actually got our cats from the pet shop, but we probably hadn't done that even 14 years or more ago as our cats lived a long time. So they had no names as they were kittens. But Jazzy was from a little at the shelter so she had no name, and we don't know what name Charlie was given by the irresponsible f****** people who had him at a young age, we adopted him at 16 weeks from the shelter, he had no name either. Cleo didn't have one as she was a feral.

Amazing! lol