What was the first game you ever played

kertaker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For me it was pong on a computer with a 5 inch green screen built right into the computer and a drive bay just as big as the computer to read the disks like a floppy but bigger and thin, Pong first second was frogger.. on the same green screen computer..

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Card game: Go Fish
Board game: Candyland
Computer game: Solitaire
Video Game: Tetris or Mario brothers on Gameboy

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I began playing Pinball as a young young girl. (It was at the soda/ice cream parlor upstate near my parents summer home) Then they got an arcade game! Asteroids.

My friends had an Atari and I believe the game was Pong. On the computer it was Solitaire, on the gameboy it was Mario.

I still prefer Pinball to anything else.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Geez, who can remember that long ago?

The first outside game was probably tag or hide and seek.
The first card game was Go Fish.

The first board game...
Probably Shoots and Ladders.

First computer game was before Pong. My dad taught business organization theory stuff at Northwestern University, but that was a career change - he had a degree in physics. He built his own personal computers (we baked the mother boards, and I helped solder in the ... transistors?
Whatever all those teeney barrels with leads coming out of them are). It was a multi-level treasure hunt game - no graphics - and it ran on a cassette.
I don't know where it came from (he didn't write it).

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Card game: go fish
Board game: I think The Game Of Life
Video game: ET for the Atari 2600. That really turned me off of video games for quite a while. For those of you who don't know it is considered by many to be the biggest commercial failure in video game history. It was so bad that most copies were either never sold or returned and were buried in a New Mexico landfill in 1983.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's family were card players -- mostly hearts, spades, and euchre. One summer afternoon, my grandmother and I sat in the front porch swing with a little table in front of us and she taught me to play canasta... such a wonderful memory! But I've never met anyone else who knows how to play, so that was my one and only canasta experience.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

she taught me to play canasta... such a wonderful memory! But I've never met anyone else who knows how to play, so that was my one and only canasta experience.
I haven't played in years! But I used to play it all of the time when I was a teenager living with my brother and his wife (now ex). It was great fun!

I don't care what technology comes around, nothing beats sitting around a table with friends and/or family playing a board game or cards!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

My mom's family were card players -- mostly hearts, spades, and euchre. One summer afternoon, my grandmother and I sat in the front porch swing with a little table in front of us and she taught me to play canasta... such a wonderful memory! But I've never met anyone else who knows how to play, so that was my one and only canasta experience.
Hey!
Over here! Me! I love Canasta!!!!! My father taught me how to play Canasta when I was younger and I'm an avid player. But I can't find anybody who will play with me. My parents were always card players, too, and many a rainy night was spent at the kitchen table with my dad beating me in Canasta....do you know I never, ever beat that man?! He was great.

But I digress....sorry.

The first board game was probably either Candyland or Go to the Head of the Class. There was a game, too, with a rabbit....Mr. Wiggly or something like that; I don't remember the name, but that was a board game. Also The Game of Life. My favorite board game will always be Monopoly. DH and I are avid Scrabble players; when I was young, we had Scrabble for Juniors.

Card games: Go Fish or War. Dad taught me 500 Rummy and we played a lot of that, too.

When we were outside, it was Hide'n'Seek. Or Mother, May I?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I haven't played in years! But I used to play it all of the time when I was a teenager living with my brother and his wife (now ex). It was great fun!

I don't care what technology comes around, nothing beats sitting around a table with friends and/or family playing a board game or cards!
Well, Linda, let's find an online canasta site and play a round, shall we?

Yes, nothing like a good game of cards. I remember those evenings so well... my grandfather was the only adult in the family who didn't play, so he and I would sit out on the front porch and watch the little airport beacon in the distance and listen to the chatter from the big card game at the back of the house. No money ever changed hands, but I do remember them playing for cookies one time. :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kertaker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for dropping your comments guys, see you soon..........

lilygirl509

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All I can remember is I used to not only play dress up myself-but I'd dress up my dogs and cat too!haha

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to LOVE playing cards and board games and domino's with my grandma and dad when I was little. I think I knew how to play rummy and black jack by the time I was 6

My first electronic game I remember having and playing was Pong (its a faint memory)

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outside, probably 1-2-3 Red Light or tag
Inside, the board game Sorry

I think... that was a long time ago.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peakaboo, until I graduated to hide-and-go-seek by squatting in the corner of a room with my hands over my eyes.

These days I'm all about Sid Meiers Civilization V which I play on emperor level, which I believe is proof of nerddom and explains my pale skin.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
my first game was probably "see how much food I can throw before mommy gets upset!"