Votes: 16 17.6%
  • homemade cooked

Votes: 15 16.5%

• Total voters

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was feeding Applaws dry with a can of wet split between the 2 kitties each day.  I'm just in the process of switching them over to Almo nature - 2 meals of wet a day and 1 of dry.  Partly because Almo nature wet is complete food instead of complementary meaning that I can feed them more.  And partly because amazon have stopped doing the Applaws on the subscribe and save deal!
Unfortunately, Almo nature wet is also complementary, not complete. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/almo_nature/cans/391239#more
Almo Nature cat food is entirely natural. Every single flavour of Almo Nature wet food (tuna, chicken, salmon etc) contains its own proportions of vitamins, minerals (e.g. calcium, phosphorus) and taurine. Almo Nature therefore recommends a diet which is based on a variety of different natural foods (red meat, poultry, fish, dry and wet food). The varying nutrient contents of this variety will ensure a balanced diet for your cat.
Almo Nature Classic is a complementary cat food.
Thrive is very similar to Applaws and Almo nature, but is complete. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/thrive_complete
It's available at zooplus.nl if Amazon doesn't have it.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my 2  cats  each 2 1/2 ozs Friskies canned  3 times per day   ..At noon they get 1/8 cup of Annamaet Grain  Free kibble .

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our cats(6) are mostly outdoor kitties, though they have their own shelters in the farmyard to keep out of weather and such. We feed them mostly dry food, either 9 Lives Daily Essentials or Meow Mix. They also get canned wet 9 Lives food once or twice a week. As well as all the hunting they do in their spare time (birds, lizards, etc).  

huntersmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast. For convenience sake sometimes dry, but my cats are fat and need to not eat that.  (Sometimes money is an issue too.)

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to get my cats to eat  Authority with no luck .. They just won't eat it .. As finances would have it I  am not able to spend more than .75 cents per 5.5 oz can  that is why I chose Authority . It is a good quality food for an affordable price but it does no good if they won't eat it ..

They also will not eat any of the  Fancy Feast Classics   I don't know what to do .. I ordered some Triumph 3 oz cans , if they will not eat that 

I may have to go back to Friskies .. 

I gave them a few sprinkles of Parmesan Cheese and they loved it so next meal I am going to sprinkle some of that on top and see if they eat .. 

These cats are so darn picky when it comes to  wet food ..

Last edited:

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Currently:

Four on mostly commercial raw(Rad Cat), and they share some canned.

One on canned but transitioning to cooked homemade(hopefully).

Treats include: cooked meat, sardines, freeze-dried meat, baby food(supplements), and grasses.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I switched my cats to all canned 3 months ago in an effort to get them to lose weight as they were/are still quite obese. Friskies pate turkey and giblets and mixed grill. (The smaller of the two has lost a little over .5 lbs, the other has lost 4lbs)

They get 1/4th a can each 4x per day. 

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
3 Cats.

Currently: Canned, Commercial Raw, crushed dry kibble topper. All "grain free"

Near Future: Canned mixed with Dry Kibble. Both "grain free".

My source of raw is moving to smaller packaging which is prohibitivly(sp?) expensive for 3 cats.

soph

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed Soph Almo Nature and Holistic Select dry kibble. I know dry food isn't good, but Soph won't eat the other canned food now that I have started giving her the Almo. But I give her 1/4 cup a day of the dry food and 46 grams a day of the Almo. They advise to do a 60/40 dry/wet diet, so I don't know if my proportions are correct or not. I've mentioned it to the girls at Pet Planet and they haven't told me I'm doing it wrong so I assume I'm doing it properly. 

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still feeding one 3 ounce can of wet food a day (varying brands but Nutro Natural Choice is her favorite) and 1/4th a cup of dry Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken formula or dry Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit formula.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each cat gets  2 cans per day Fancy Feast Classics  &  1/4 cup Natures Variety Instinct  Grain Free Chicken kibble .

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Purina Gentle dry formula for my cats as Tiger has a sensitive tummy and can't handle wet food all the time since he gorges and pukes it up. The kibbles are very small and there's no dyes or artificial colors. Plus turkey is the main ingredient and no by products or crap in it.  I also feed wet daily to Miagi & Angel. Tiger gets it sometimes. It's priority from Safeway but they do well on it. I mix up the flavors but they prefer the salmon pate. They also munch on the Purina Gentle dry formula but they would go crazy without their wet food.

Last edited: