What type of cat is this?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merrytreecats

From his blue eyes and pointed pattern, he is a pointed cat, the gene for which does not exist in the Bengal genepool. And as it is a recessive gene, that would mean he couldn't even be half Bengal. What a gorgeous cat!
Hi, here is a link to the TICA standard for the Bengal:
http://ticaeo.com/Content/Publicatio...rds/Bengal.htm

If you read down to the section on allowed colors you will find included Seal Lynx Point, and marbled. Breed descriptions on the web will tell you that the blue eyes are allowed only in the pointed Bengals. They do come in colorpoint, they are shown in colorpoint. You can find dazzling photos of them on the web, as well as a pix of one here - a rescue I did last year of a beautiful blue eyed snow leopard bengal (name on the photo is Velcro)

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merrytreecats

From his blue eyes and pointed pattern, he is a pointed cat, the gene for which does not exist in the Bengal genepool. And as it is a recessive gene, that would mean he couldn't even be half Bengal. What a gorgeous cat!
Yes it does. It's possible some registries won't accept colorpoint Bengals, but some do. I've seen Snow Bengals (colorpoint Bengals) on cat shows on my own and I know of Swedish and American breeders breeding colorpoint Bengals. I guess Siamese have been used to establish the colorpoint gene in the breed.

However, colorpoint Bengals exist. All the links I posted earlier in the thread are colorpoint Bengals.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is absolutely beautiful! I can't help with the breed, though, I'm sorry. But wow. Stunning kitty right there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rainbow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No he is still there! He has a cold I think once he is out of that room he will get adopted

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Someone will be blessed to get such a beautiful cat. I'd seriously consider getting him if he was closer. My husband has made it clear to me that he isn't traveling hours again to get anymore cats.

I hope he feels better soon.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

He reminds me of this beautiful girl we had earlier this year. She's not as marbled, but she seems a similar color & has the same gorgeous eyes:

She was an absolute sweetheart to boot.
Wow she looks like my cat Pwne, what kind of cat or mix is that?