TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Errrrm, well, you can BUY them a cat bed ... that doesn't mean they're going to use it
! My two sort of migrate between "spots" during the night. There's a cat cubby, a fleece cat pad, and the dog's bed (which she may or may not be in) but they usually start out UNDER the bed, sort of gravitate to the TOP of the bed during the night, then back UNDER the bed ... and I can't remember the last time I've actually seen them in one of the cat beds we bought for them!!!

True, during the day they'll usually be sacked out on the floor, or on the cat tree, and aren't really that interested in sleeping on the bed if there are no people in it

They're all different

zoggy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took a blue laundry basket and cut a hole in it, put in a warm quilt, some toys and the kittens love it.
Plus it has holes in it, and I think they're more comfortable in a bedding where they can see the outside - plus, they like to poke their paws through the holes :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Zoggy

I took a blue laundry basket and cut a hole in it, put in a warm quilt, some toys and the kittens love it.
Plus it has holes in it, and I think they're more comfortable in a bedding where they can see the outside - plus, they like to poke their paws through the holes :p
Oh, that sounds like a great idea!
Do you have a pic of it? I'm not sure where you cut the hole.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats sleep anywhere and everywhere, but they do use their wicker basket everyday!! My mom bought them at Goodwill rather cheap.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Sash the "cushion" bed a few years ago and he liked it. I usually lay it on one of his favorite chairs during the wintertime. It's too warm for him to lay on it now. I plan on getting him something like the "nest" type bed next month for his birthday.
Of course, at night he always lays in my bed with me.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The bed Reilly has looks alot like the nest bed but it's circular.

zoggy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Oh, that sounds like a great idea!
Do you have a pic of it? I'm not sure where you cut the hole.
Yes actually I do have a pic of it. I took like 50 pics of my kittens just now if anyone is interested :p

Its a simple cut out hole done by a knife. Was quite easy due to the holes already in the basket.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cupid seems to know when something is meant to be his bed because I've gotten him several and he's used every single one (to the point of having to throw them out). I think he prefers the type of beds he can go IN rather than just lay on, but if it's comfy he's not picky. I got a pillow once that ended up being too big to fit in the condo I got him for a bed most recently, and I had it on my desk and he kept trying to sleep on it. I ended up taking the inside out (which was really fun--it was one of those smooshy pillows) and using the material to cover a smaller pillow because he liked it so much.

nakoruru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mine loves her cardbox box and old towels. or the sofa. or a chair. anywhere, really. :p

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the other side of the my beds pillow with a one collar at wal mart baby blakent on it for moms washabiltiy

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats sleep on my bed, on the lounge chair, in the children's rooms on the beanbags any where but the $48.00 beds that I brought them. Luckily for me, the dogs like the cat beds.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At night Toby and Tedy sleep in little bunkbeds that their "dad" made for them. (Complete with quilts and pillows and dustruffles that I made them.)
During the day they sleep anyplace they have a mind to!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie prefers to sleep under a folded blanket at the foot of the bed(s), up in his cat tree, or on his window perches. I've bought various kinds of cat beds, but the only one he deigns to occasionally sleep in is a cheap "igloo" from the supermarket, which is on the bed in the spare bedroom. He only uses it in summer, when it's too hot under his blanket.

altzarina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a big empty Belgian chocolate box(metal) lying in one corner of my room. She herself chose that place...so I kept some towels and one small pillow in it with toys and my kitty loves. Although when she grows big I have to find some other subsitute...