What type is this worm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
looks like a rubberband to me at the same time i have never seen one plus i would assume most worms go out the other end of a catto find a new host
The can come out either end and yes they resemble rubber bands

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, new eggs hatch after 3 weeks or so. So to properly treat roundworms you have to give 2-3 doses 3 weeks apart each.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, new eggs hatch after 3 weeks or so. So to properly treat roundworms you have to give 2-3 doses 3 weeks apart each.
The vet told me it would kill eggs and larvae

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe of the other worms. . .but roundworm eggs are tough and very difficult to kill.

"However, none of these treatments will kill the immature forms of the worm or the migrating larvae. The eggs are highly resistant to common disinfectants and even to harsh environmental conditions."
Canine Roundworm Infection

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe of the other worms. . .but roundworm eggs are tough and very difficult to kill.

"However, none of these treatments will kill the immature forms of the worm or the migrating larvae. The eggs are highly resistant to common disinfectants and even to harsh environmental conditions."
Canine Roundworm Infection
I've had cats all my life and never such an issue with worming, I had 2 cats for 17 years and probably only wormed them once, except for when one got tapes.

So basically I have to make this a monthly thing now since eggs are all over my house?

I'm sure those came from the new kittens and they are going to a new foster home this weekend and will be wormed. I will call my vet about my other 6.