What type clump/non clump and brand cat litter do you like

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"Feline Pine", very absorbant, destroys oders, no clumping, no tracking, can scoop it and flush it and it looks like little pellets till it gets wet then it expands and turns into fine shavings. I will never go back to scoopable clumping litter or silicon litter again, and especially not clay. When you have a cat that pees as much as ours (it has Diabetes) the rest of the litters just do not hold up.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've consulted with Dr. Elsey about my cats - he is really a great vet!! Just wish he practiced closer to me (he's out of Englewood, CO and my friend goes to him).

I used to use clay then switched over to clumping a few years back. Doesn't matter which brand I used and how much I scooped it always had a smell to it (with 14 cats using my many litter boxes all over the house).

I found a cat litter additive last fall (Litter Mate) that you add to (inexpensive scentless) clay litter to make it clump. I can't rave enough on how well it works to control smell and actually clump the waste so you can remove it easily. The initial cost to buy it was high, but after using it for about 3 months now, I've calculated that I'll save close to $900 this year in litter (that includes the initial purchase of the Litter Mate).

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, but I am truly impressed by the stuff.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cats use Kitty Comfort Plus (from Canada), it's the most economical of all cat litter brands which are locally available. I've tried A&H & Tidy Cats but the bad thing about them is that they don't have it in 20+kg sacks (in our country), only in small boxes of up to 9kg. Both A&H & Tidy Cats are good though. A shame that we don't have much choices when it comes to cat products.

random

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very fond of Feline Pine. It doesn't mask the odor immediately from kitty poops (foulest smell in the world), but it masks urine completely and utterly. Like Cirque said, it's flushable and though the pellets sometimes find their way out of the litterbox, I've not had the same problem with the sawdust that forms. And it's fairly cheap! Less than $4 for a bag that lasts over a month.

It was also easy to get all of our adopted strays to use it...without any fancy mixing of old and new, dirt and litter, etc. We live in a pine tree forest area, so the smell is pretty similar to that of pine needles on the ground.

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With a husband and a son who work at a petstore I can tell you I've tried many types of litter. After reading this post, I'm surprised noone has really said how great Precious Cat is....I LOVE it! We get the bags of Precious Cat for multiple cats...it does help that we get a little discount.
Anyway, I think it masks the oders wonderfully, as long as I'm up to speed with scooping, of course. And it is practically dust free which is important for many reasons. I am never bothered by dust from this litter and I have asthma and we even use covered boxes (have to due to the dog who loves kitty poo). The only complaint I have is that the bags it comes in are hard to manage. I wish they would put it in buckets. I love it and my cats love it. The worst litter...orange peel. Oh my gosh, why I even tried that I do not know because I know cats hate citrus...but I thought maybe there was something magical in it.
My cats hated it and we switched back very quickly. My next favorites are Yesterday's News and Feline Pine...that truly is wonderful stuff (Feline Pine) too and we used that a lot until we realized one of our cats was allergic to it. The Yesterday's News was quite good but my cats really do like the clumping much better and so do I. I haven't tried the World's Best though (that's the corn stuff isn't it?) It looks good but it's a bit too pricey even for someone who gets a discount.