What treats do you feed your cat?

miura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed mine the ones from Natures Menu 95% chicken and turkey - no gluten or additives.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure about temptations, but I'm wary of Greenies treats because I've heard they can irritate some animals' digestive systems.

My cat wasn't interested in the first few freeze dried treats I tried, but she really likes the Orijen freeze dried treats, especially the Alberta boar ones. I also found Vital Essentials freeze dried minnows the other day, and she absolutely adores those.

I also like the idea of getting a really high quality kibble and using those as treats, because my cat really loved her dry food before I got her.
Greenies would irritate a cat's digestive system... looking on my container for Greenies Pill pockets, "dried cultured skim milk is listed as an ingredient". I only used these because I had difficulty pilling Charlie back when he had stomach issues.

I tried Charlie on Vital Essentials Ahi Tuna treats, but he refused to eat them, so now I feed Wellness treats, which I like because they are grain-free, have salmon listed as the first ingredient, and under two calories per treat.

missriss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is really picky and will just try to bury treats he doesn't like. He loves Friskies Party Mix which is so annoying because I try to feed him well, but I also love hostess cupcakes and those arent great for me so I figured we are even. ❤

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I've only ever given Luciano Temptations (the pink bag), but I don't give treats too often. I've had him since early December & I don't think I've used half the bag. How often do you gives treats to your cats? When he comes back from the vet (nail trim), when I'm trying to get him to do a certain behavior and he does it right away, if he has a particularly spectacular jump while playing, those are usually the behaviors I reward with treats.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gizmo only gets freeze dried treats as I figure they're the healthiest option so I go for that. He had the Orijen lamb and the Orijen regional red treats and loved those so much they were gone in a month! Right now, I got him the PureBites beef liver and duck liver treats. The only annoying thing about those is they're so big I have to break them up and I have such useless weak little wrists. :lol: But he loves them so I'll stick with it.