What to you do?

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I had to re-train Sunny
, I think it's a leftover from bachelorhood (this applies to steady, live-in BF's as well) when they were footloose and fancy-free and didn't have anybody to worry about them. I think with me it was after *I* went off a few times and on purpose didn't do the ET thing ("Phone home...") Point driven home
. And he knows now that I worry about him commuting on the bike (motorcycle) to work, and he will call me when he gets in, just for a minute or two is all it takes, and if he goes off will call me before he sets out home so that if he's overly late (I wouldn't start to worry unless he was more than an hour overdue) I can "set the wheels in motion" as it were.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there!!, I'm glad to hear that some progress is being made. I hope your weekend is a nice relaxing one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well he called me to let me know he was going to be late tonight. So thats a plus. of course he woke me up, LOL so i was a grump. oh well hehehe I am gonna make him do kitty boxes topnight lol

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now mine is just the other way around, alway's calls alway's lets me know if he stuck in traffic whatever, tells me he Loves me all the time. I was married at 16 the first time for 34 years when my first hubby passed away I figured I just be alone, then I met my hubby now he is 8 yrs younger was a bacthlor for 12 years, spent 26 yrs in the Navy, he's an Engineer, and has more integrity then anyone I have ever met, he's a wonderful person, he was married twice before has a 21 yr old daughter, my daughters are 41, 40, and 37. He's a great proivder but he doesn't like to do anything fun
He's like boreing
I Love him Dearly and if he doesn't want to go see my son-in-law or my grandson's bands play I just say alrighty then, I'll see ya, I guess when you get older all things don't seem like they used to
We have been married for 8 years now, his Daughter is due to have a baby in November his 1st grand baby, I have 5 one that is 18, two that are 17 one that is 14 one that is 10, so we'll see how that goes
Oh and another thing this man WILL NOT agrue AT ALL
I miss that

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband used to be the exact same way. It seemed to finally click when I told him that, it wasn't that I didn't trust him or really, frankly, cared where he was or who he was with in his spare time, but that if he didn't call me when he said he was going to it made me afraid something bad had happened. Of course, he didn't think that was a possibility until late at work one night building a set he almost cut his thumb off with a circ saw--and didn't call to tell me he was on his way to the hospital! The next morning when I FINALLY got a hold of him and read him the riot act it sort of sunk in!
I'm sure he's not ignoring you on purpose, men just truly aren't as concerned with communicating as we women are! My husband's childhood best friend lives in Seattle and they only talk about 4 times a year--but they're still best friends, somehow! It's a guy thing!