What to put on ID to indicate 'indoor only'?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a scare! I was not home and while a family member was going inside, one of my cats, Spot, got out. They told me when I got home and luckily I was able to find Spot in the bushes two houses away, and luckily he came to me when I crouched down and called him. However he was not wearing a collar because I had taken his collar off since it rubbed his fur off his neck. I am going to order a collar made with different material but I want to put something on the tag to indicate that the cat is not supposed to be outdoors. Someone told me before that people usually assume a cat wearing a collar is allowed outdoors so I want to make it clear they are not. Does anyone have an idea of what to put? I had some tags that say IM LOST-- CALL: but I want something better...

I was thinking maybe LOST IF ALONE or INDOOR CAT or INDOOR ONLY but I can't decide which one is the most clear/obvious that he is not supposed to be loose, if someone who is not a cat person found him?

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about "If you see me, I am lost" that should ghet the indoor-only point across

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

How about "If you see me, I am lost" that should ghet the indoor-only point across
That's a little too long to fit on the tag. I think it only allows 14 characters.

cosabella

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Runaway Housecat
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Lost Housecat
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

subconsciousme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought the tags for my kittens on eBay. Both sides are printed on... one side says "If I am outside, I am lost" and the other side says their name and contact number. Both were less than $5/each and customizable. I could not be happier honestly.

It is all personal preference.

Lost Cat
XXXXXXXXXX

Works well too

kittymcg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My indoor cats tags say "Indoor Cat, I'm Lost. 555-555-5555" I had mine engraved double sided and the back says "Microchipped. Reward offered".
If the place you are buying the tag can only get 14 characters on it then try somewhere else. A phone number will take up nearly that many characters.
The most important thing is that if they get out and approach someone - that that person knows they have escaped and call you.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about "Daily Meds Required"?

That usually makes it clear a cat is normally indoors.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indoor only would make sense to me.
Or I'm lost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

I have boomerang tags, they are great, and very comfortable...
Mine read:
"Bugsy"
IF OUTSIDE,
I AM LOST
818-XXX-XXXX

They look like this:

You can order them here: http://www.boomerangtags.com/page.ph...=h#CollarTag_N
Those are the type I was planning to order, the ones that have only 14 characters per line (in the size that'll fit cat collars). I like those because they don't make noise and they can't get caught on things like hanging tags can. I already have a few of them but I need to update them.