What to feed my pregnant cat?

Strayacat01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, im new here! I recently found out my cat is pregnant ☺ Her name is Straya and she is a Russian Blue. I haven’t taken ger to the vet yet but i don’t know much about pregnant cats and what they should be eating. Could y’all help me and lead me the right way for a healthy diet for my baby🥺
Here are some pics of my Straya cat 🐱

Attachments

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed her kitten canned/tinned plus kitten dry food. The kitten grade food will provide her the extra mineral and protein she needs for her kittens. Free feed the kitten kibble. Continue the kitten grade food as long as she is nursing her kittens.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has to eat kitten food only and as much as she wants. If she is young then you might want to think about getting her spayed as there are more risks involved with kitten moms. Just due to their size delivery can be more of an issue and stillborns can be more common. Also since she has yellow eyes, she would be a domestic short hair not a russian blue. She is still stunning non the less :) Love her name to

Ashleyninja

Cats made the world Amazing
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, im new here! I recently found out my cat is pregnant ☺ Her name is Straya and she is a Russian Blue. I haven’t taken ger to the vet yet but i don’t know much about pregnant cats and what they should be eating. Could y’all help me and lead me the right way for a healthy diet for my baby🥺
Here are some pics of my Straya cat 🐱
Pregnant cats require more calories and protein, so your cat should probably eat kitten food, not only would it be better for her, but also for her litter, since they'll be able to copy her and start eating solid food while weaning of her milk.

She seems very young, but that might just be the cat, also I'm a bit late, how is your cat?

Last edited by a moderator: