What to feed cats with sensitive tummies (short-term)?

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, my cats feel a little under the weather. They have had slightly runny stools and barfed (or at least one of them-probably Fatty who is SUCH a people food hog). What is a simple recipe I could feed them? My mom's friend said a diet SOLELY of rice was good, but I'm pretty unsure of that (talk about a carb and grain overload, lol). Any advice?

P.S. It's pretty mild so I'm not taking them to the vet unless it continues another day or two.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not sure about a diet for cats but when my dogs had runny stools from eating something they shouldn't the vet put them on a home cooked diet of chicken and white rice. I cooked it in the crock pot all at the same time until it was a mush. You have to make sure and remove the bones. This was short term for a few days.

Maybe something like bene-bac might help. A quick call to the vet and maybe the vet tech might be helpful. Sorry I don't have much to offer. Hope their tummies settle down,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'll try it. I knew chicken and rice was the typical dog protocol, but wasn't sure about cats.

automaton2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you ried natural balance l.i.d
my kitten has been on duck and pea and loves it
and there are new flavors also