What to do with Callie??? I have to move....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for ur advice and input! Pls continue to share ur advice and input.. I know I am a worrywart. I tend to worry myself to death about things like this. I just LOVE Callie and want the best for her.

I think I will talk to my friend and see.. I am not sure how to approach her about seeing her home- don't want to offend her.. I might talk to her and see what she thinks regarding finding a place with a barn where Callie can be relocated to or trying to tame her and rehome her..

Hissy, u said "The ferals and strays are just different and even being outside/inside they prefer to be outside, even at night." meaning most of the ferals tend to prefer living outside and not live inside ONLY?

I WISH there are some stats on this.. Grin. That would help me to know what'd be best for Callie. Oh well.. I'll just have to do my research and cross my fingers that it'll all work out.

linda_of_pgff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Emailed Rude Ranch (Hissy, I agree with u about the name- I didn't like it but after reading about their organization and their FUNNY stories about rescuing Ferals, I fell in love with them-found out about them about 2 yrs ago! U guys who don't know about this organization HAVE to read their stories about ferals they rescued. I about fell out of my chair laughing my head off as I read them) and am waiting to hear back from them.
Did anyone mention that the last name of the founders is Rude? Or that they are terrific people and not at all "rude" in manner? My group has always found Rude Ranch a very honest, caring organization. They have a hard job, in that they are sheltered, and don't euthanize for space, and they are the nearest such facility to Prince George's County. I am sure they get far more than their fair share of calls to shelter and place cats.

Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't know that the founders' last name are Rude. That explains why! I did wonder why they chose that name and now I understand.
I really admire their organization and know they do a very excellent job with the cats they've worked with. I LOVE to read their "adventures with Ferals". They have a very positive view and I really enjoy that.

I didn't mean to imply that I was put off by them and that I wouldn't work with them. I just meant my first impression- I was taken aback at first at the name but after I read more about them on their webpage, I realized how special they are.

I apologize if I gave a negative impression of the Rude Ranch organization- that was not my intention at all..