What to do about the annoying new girlfriend. A little long. . .

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I Highly doubt she's jealous of this girls fashion mistake and total disregard for other people.
I never said she was. I said:

Are you sure you aren't a wee bit jealous that he is no longer spending as much time with you now? It's normal to feel slighted when a friend gets caught up in a relationship and starts to neglect friendships. Perhaps you are taking that feeling and transferring it to her?
He has someone new in his life that is occupying his time. It's entirely possible and not unheard of to be jealous in a situation such as that. Not jealous of the person in particular, but jealous that she has the monopoly on his time now and you don't. And that she is someone he prefers to spend his time with now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not jealous that he has found someone. I have wanted him to for a long time, but she is consuming him. As I have said before I want him to be a part of my business but I have no faith in his reliability any more. We have made several appointments to get together and talk business, and low and behold I never hear from him till days after we were supposed to get together, and the excuse is aways the same. . . Well Danielle this and Danielle that. . .

I am just not going to include him in the whole thing. Between my fiance and I we can do everything he could. It will juat take longer without his help. . .

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

He has become a jerk to be around.
If this is the real problem, tell him so. Tell him you miss hanging out with him without his girlfriend around. Let him know that he seems stressed out and you're worried about him, and that you're there if he wants to talk.

Make it a positive thing about him, and your friendship, and you'll get further than trying to say anything about her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off, I can understand how you feel. I've had friends that change themselves to suit whoever is interested in them at the moment and it sucks. When it comes down to it, I just see it as a lack of self confidence. To me it sounds like this girlfriend is not confident in herself at all either. But in the end, unfortunately there isn't much you can do. Sometimes you just have to let them go do what they are intent on doing or keep them at arms length. They may come back.

And I don't mean just end your friendship, I mean let them do what they are gonna do. One friend of mine in particular had this happen several times over the years. Each time she became glued to one boyfriend or another, I was hurt, but I still enjoyed our friendship when we were together, so I did my own thing. I had other friends so I enjoyed them and then when her relationships ended, she'd be welcome to join in on what plans I'd made with my other friends. So I never completely lost my friend, but I was still a good friend, even when she wasn't.