what to ask the vet?

tuxedoontheloos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tucker is getting his booster shots tomorrow and I was wondering if there's anything in particular I should ask the vet. He's been fixed, but that was pretty much a drop-off cat, pick-up cat deal-o with no real interaction.

I'm very curious to find out if he's gained any weight since the neutering, and to ask if he's being fed enough because he seems perpetually hungry.

Also on the list is how often a cat normally wees, because 5-7 clumps a day seems... excessive. (Largish ones too. I don't understand how such a small cat can pee so much)

Anything I'm missing? It's been ages since I've done the whole cat-vet-thing, and since I was kid at that point it was more my mom than me doing it anyway.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would ask any questions that are of a concern to you.  I take it this is a young kitty so apparent excessive urination probably isn't a concern but I would ask about it.  The same with seeming to be hungry all the time, that may well be a behavioral thing but ask about it.  The one thing that could cause this in a young cat would be parasites.  You could take a stool sample in for a check.    The other things that cause things like excessive urination and excessive hunger are things that usually show up in older cats.  

Ask what questions you have.  You know the old saying, the only stupid question is the question that isn't asked.  You can write down your questions before the appointment so you don't forget something that you wanted to ask.