What time do you wake up? *yawn*

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Parsleysage
are you supposed to take melatonin some time before bed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Parsleysage
are you supposed to take melatonin some time before bed?
Yep, well I am doing a very low dose of melatonin, .3 to .6 mg. I had to order the low dose online, usually at the store it comes in large doses of 3mg or 5mg but supposedly the lower dose is similar to what your own body produces. You take it 1-3 hours before bedtime. The only thing I don't like about it is that while it definitely helps me go to sleep, I tend to wake up once it wears off and may have trouble getting back to sleep. I am hoping to only use it for a week or two while my body adjusts and then not use it anymore. Getting up at 5am definitely makes one tired around 9-10, though!

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My BFF used melatonin with her girls when they moved back to the US mainland after living in Japan.  It didn't take long to help them adjust to the time zone change.  My SIL tried it with my nephew; who has ADHD type issues but he didn't tolerate it well.  It did help him sleep; but he would also get very angry.  I have no idea what kind of dosage they used (I know my nephew tried it under doctor supervision); but I would think it's better to try smaller doses first.  They also make chamomile drops for kids that are supposed to help.  I haven't tried any yet; just because it's herbal doesn't mean it's always safe or won't interact with other medications.  I'm definitely more cautious about that when it comes to my kids or my cats than myself; but it is something to consider.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, well I am doing a very low dose of melatonin, .3 to .6 mg. I had to order th
low dose online, usually at the store it comes in large doses of 3mg or 5mg but supposedly the lower dose is similar to what your own body produces. You take it 1-3 hours before bedtime. The only thing I don't like about it is that while it definitely helps me go to sleep, I tend to wake up once it wears off and may have trouble getting back to sleep. I am hoping to only use it for a week or two while my body adjusts and then not use it anymore. Getting up at 5am definitely makes one tired around 9-10, though!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ Parsleysage (rosemary and thyme).
Sorry. I couldn't resist.
I take 3mg and sleeping pills otherwise I'm awake all night.

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! You're all so good at getting up early! I usually get up at around 11 am. But recently it's been even later, at like 2-3 pm

I'm lucky to live at home, my dad take care of the morning feedings. And I'm constantly tired due to several illnesses, so I guess it's okay for me to sleep that late. :p

I get up earlier if I have something special planned. Like volunteering. Then I have to be up up by 7.30.