What time do you feed your cat?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed them their dry food in the morning at 7am and they usually eat all of what I give them within 30 minutes. They only each get a certain measured amount of dry food (I give them roughly 1/2 of what the daily total suggestion is on the package).

I feed them their wet food at 5pm almost every night, but sometimes they aren't fed until around 8:30 just because that's when I get home sometimes. Their 'dinner' is 1/2 of whatever the daily total suggestion is on the can.

If you only have 1 cat and are only feeding dry food, I would measure out the daily food and would split it into 2 feedings (once at night when you go to bed, once right before you leave in the morning). That way the cat isn't eating it all at once.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout is free fed and always has food available to her. She is a dainty little thing and isn't a little piggy though so I can do that. Other cats may get porky with this routine

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
whenever i am commanded lol

i free feed dry food. i feed wet food first thing in the morning (sometimes in the middle of the night too if they sleep thru it or are just extra piggly lol) noonish, 5ish and sometime later in the evening.

(it *sounds* like they are eating a lot but they arent. theyre splitting one packet of wet food each of these times and seldomly finish it. they usually eat one small bowl of dry food a day plus some random ppl food, here and there)

davecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat dave was so greedy that whatever was put down would be gone.
He would never walk away from a bowl with food still in it even if he was full!

We had to be so careful with feeding, as he would quite easily put on weight due to it, and went to a low fat food for a while.

Eventually, we found a feeding of dry food in the morning at 7am and then an evening feed of a wet pouch at 6pm suited him best.

My partner comes home every lunch and would always give him some treats then too, so he didnt have to wait for long.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: 6 am & 7 am
Dinner: 6 pm & 7 pm (depends when I get home but I try to come home no later than 7:30)

On the weekend the kitties always manage to squeeze 1 extra meal out of me (around noon). Since they haven't gain an ounce I always give it to them.