What time did they get you up this morning?

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
830 am here....it was nice ....but I should have known something was up with gizzy :seesaw:
he was wa to sweet...lol like clockwork he was planning his morning see if meowser is paying attention escape plan...well.... needless to say he got to be the mighty outdoor warrior...stinky gizzy :lol3: the others were all snooze hounds

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Maia has an 'If I move' alarm clock, so she sleeps on top of me to get the first tremors of the movement before I'm even awake! This starts usually just before dawn, and after first feeding, a pillow over my head is required if I want to sleep in.......EVER!

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's Saturday, and I got numerous attacks from both cats...girl trying to bite my face and succeeding a few times, boy walking all over me...after a while, I thought, "man, it must be really late, if the cats are being so impatient". I look at the clock, and it's only 8AM -_-

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was sick a couple days last week, so wasn't in the mood for our morning battles.  So I've started getting up when she wakes me (anywhere from 5 am to 5:45) and when she runs down the hall to the kitchen I close the bedroom door behind her.  Then I go back to sleep until the radio wakes me at 6 :00.   I feel bad, but I've been losing too much sleep.  I'm hoping she'll eventually learn to stay quiet until the radio comes on.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless the cats' dry food bowl is empty, they get up when I do.  If my cats start to bother me in the night and I wake up, I simply ignore them. I pretend that I'm asleep and don't pay them any attention or move, and they eventually give up and go away until morning.   The worse thing to do is to acknowledge them, because then they continue to do that behaviour knowing that it will get your attention.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They eat dry food and their bowls are never empty but at night late they get to share half a tin of wet food. Whisky starts staring at me from about midnight and if he thinks he's waiting too long he starts his siamese wail which goes on and on and then blighty joins him with squeaks.
Blighty does not meow. He's a big lad with a squeaky squeak.

sixradcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, this thread really makes me feel pretty lucky! LOL I am **not** a morning person, and luckily (once past kittenhood) neither are my cats! No one tries to wake me up before 10-1030am, and even then most days if I'm still sleeping, they're curled up with me. 

We have our routine and they get fed as soon as I get up, and then dinner around 12am, and then it's bed time.  I have such good fur kids! lol 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby set a new record this morning - 4:54 !!!  

Not sure what's going to happen when I start sleeping with the window open and the birds start chirping before sunrise.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blighty got me up at 9.30am and kept me awake playing with his rubber ball on the bed.
I go to sleep very late, or early depending on how you look at it.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
7:30, which on a weekday would mean I'm late for work, but on a Sunday, unwelcome!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of them woke me at 5am galloping over my head and back again and out of the door when I got up and closed it. Really.
I love hearing their feet racing around. Thundering I should say. Especially when they're running together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL! Yes, THUNDERING!

One of my greatest sources of laughter from my two - watching them THUNDERING around the house, chasing after each other. The carpet is probably taking a beating at times, as they two-wheel it around the corners, but I just love watching them.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Yes, THUNDERING!
One of my greatest sources of laughter from my two - watching them THUNDERING around the house, chasing after each other. The carpet is probably taking a beating at times, as they two-wheel it around the corners, but I just love watching them.
:lol3:
My floors aren't carpeted so you can really hear them 'thundering' on the tiles even with the door closed.