What the heck

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH had a friend over and his younger brother. Popsie is used to DH's friend but really doesn't know DH's brother that well. His friend pulled out my acoustic gutair to play it and when he left didn't put it away. So I just got home from my Moms and noticed the gutair case was wet. I sniffed it and it smells like cat pee. Why would he pee on it? The only think I can think is that there was someone in the house that he doesn't know.

morning

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two male cats in the past would pee on things when they got upset, but I noticed they picked things that would have a strong smell -- laundry, undies, an old packpack. Maybe this guitar case had a smell that challenged or offended the cat and so they took their revenge by marking their territory.

I don't think the cat would associate the case with the owner, even if the owner had done something mean to the cat, which obviously there's no reason to think happened.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very suspect.........I would be confused as well! My first concern would be a health issue if this is completely unexpected behavior. You are sure it is "Popsie urine"? If Maia urinated somewhere other then her litter, which I clean regularly, I would be extremely concerned. I have had kitties in the past who have shown their disapproval of a situation by urinating/defecating somewhere out of norm was few and far between as well as extreme stressful surroundings or a health issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm sure it was his pee. It smelled like cat pee. I doubt it's a health issue because he hasn't gone outside the litter box other than that incident. I just think he was upset that their was someone in the house he doesn't know.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it a leather case? My cats go bonkers over some leather things - I guess they are strongly attracted to the smell. If it's leather, I could see an excitable cat marking it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties

Was it a leather case? My cats go bonkers over some leather things - I guess they are strongly attracted to the smell. If it's leather, I could see an excitable cat marking it.
No it's like a nylon material.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the wife cat took a pee on my head the first time i was around.
Also when a sales guy came over He did that to the guy's Briefcase