What the heck just crawled out of my cats butt!!?

katzluver93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor kittie.. i hope you get this 'worm' out of your cat's butt... poor poor kittie..

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

I just hope it wasn't Rice Krispies!
Awww! Thanks for the metal PICTURE!!!

Did you know that many humans actually live with TAPEWORMS, and don't even know it! They aren't affected by it at all, but they do live with it. It's strange, and gross, too!

I don't know if they'll do a fecal or not, but I know your kitties won't like it!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yuck!!! I hope those nasty things die soon, so they stop bothering your precious kitties!!! I love the thread title, it cracked me up!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Awww! Thanks for the metal PICTURE!!!

Did you know that many humans actually live with TAPEWORMS, and don't even know it! They aren't affected by it at all, but they do live with it. It's strange, and gross, too!

I don't know if they'll do a fecal or not, but I know your kitties won't like it!
The difference is that tapeworms don't actually do that much damage to the host except where they hook on. This is also why they're hard to get rid of (from my understanding.) They're not actually living on you (unlike most parasites) but on your digested meals (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's late, I'm tired, I've had a couple of beers to unwind and I'm not in the mood to go a-googling right now
!)

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say something about a girl with a bowl of maggots, but I had to stop as I was gagging myself.

Drontal shots worked wonders on my boys

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

The difference is that tapeworms don't actually do that much damage to the host except where they hook on. This is also why they're hard to get rid of (from my understanding.) They're not actually living on you (unlike most parasites) but on your digested meals (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's late, I'm tired, I've had a couple of beers to unwind and I'm not in the mood to go a-googling right now
!)
Not to far off , tapeworms steal nutrtion from the host and thus can cause a variety of ailments

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bossinova

Nice to get a clear and definite answer, huh? Hissy is so incredibly knowledgeable....amazing woman who does amazing work. Good luck with chasing these parasites outta your babies (they're so adorable!).
Which? The parasites or the babies?

I hope that you mean the babies.

I just HAD to reply to this as I have never seen someone post a pic of a tapeworm before..
I am so glad I don't eat breakfast...

Bleck.

Good luck!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wooh this is an old thread!

When Guin was small I came home from work one day to find a little tapeworm crawling down his tail. I found some in his litter tray as well....

I went straight to the vet with him (he was about have his shots as well) and they gave me Drontal to give him the next day. Thankfully, as far as I know we have not had a repeat performance as he is wormed on a regular basis