What TCS "Board Magic" successes can you recall?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First in my mind is the miracle of Teufel (Fwan's cat) being rescued & returned home after an entire planet tuned in to the thread, wishing for a happy ending.

Second is the horrible night that my grandson's father stepped off a step-stool & crushed my grandson's kitten, Midnite - miraculously, Midnite had only bruising and made a speedy & complete recovery (my grandson had his mom call me to send out for TCS board magic & the responses were AWESOME, thanks everyone
).

And then Unstresst found a good home for Peaches

What other successes do you recall???

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember little Midnight! Is he still doing well?

My avatar boy Will was missing for about 3 weeks, and I thought the coyotes had gotten him! He came home and was totally fine, and has stayed home ever since! Sunnicat's Percy was missing, and came home, but has left again. But at least she is not so worried, because she figures he is sharing his time at another home!

And my foster Sugartoes was finally adopted.

Not so much board magic, as things I learned at TCS helped me tame two feral kittens. Now Blue has been adopted, and Jasmine is our kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

Might be a dumb question, but what is "board magic"?
"Board magic" is when someone posts that they have a worry/concern/etc. and the other TCS members send prayers, thoughts, vibes, useful hints & lots of comfort & sympathy! The term seemed to be used alot more a year ago but to me it means people whose hearts & minds are working in total sympathy together.
I have seen so many happy results! usually you'll read them in the "Cats SOS" or the "Health & Nutrition" sections.
Thank you for asking about Midnite, Becki - he's doing wonderfully! Such a handsome but very spirited, playful young cat and he has been such a blessing to my grandson. When he comes up on vacations, my grandson has me bring up the thread about when Midnite got stepped on, and reads it over & over.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The biggest board magic (and a LOT of great advise and encouragement from our newborn kitten experts!) was Laila. Unfortunately, the thread was lost in the Great Crash, but Laila stays in my heart.

Laila was a premature, orphaned kitten found by an American living in Croatia. She was estimated to be almost a week premature, which made her survival questionable at best. Vet services are also quite spotty (though Laila's caretaker Julie found a good vet
), and supplies are hard to come by for kittens. To top it off, for almost/over the first month of her life, Laila was unable to have a bowel movement on her own - she was so premature that her little muscles hadn't developed enough in her insides to let her be able to. But Laila not only survived, she thrived and grew into a beautiful kitten who was loved very much by her human-mum Julie and people all around the world. I know in my heart that in addition to the fabulous care that Julie gave and the amazing advice she was able to get from the experts here, one of the reasons Laila maintained her strength and resolve to live was all of the strength sent to her from people all over.

eupnea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the other day I asked for good vibes regarding my apartment being robbed, and it turned out that I was covered under my parent's insurance because I am a student, and I am going to be reimbursed for my losses. Not to mention the apartment complex is going to pay for my alarm system.
I really appreciated the kindness of everyone even though you don't know me at all yet.. I definitely hope to get to know everyone in this community.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teufel's return has to go down as the biggest success ever. I still can't believe that one.

People may not think of this one as a success, but the board magic given to me throughout Smudge's illness and eventual death was really quite remarkable. I honestly can say that there is no other explanation as to how I was able to come through that - being the strong one in the family, and helping others to see what was the humane thing to do. Also the beautiful tributes and amazing understanding I received. This is a great place.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Teufel's return has to go down as the biggest success ever. I still can't believe that one.

Oh yes, our darling Teufel. I was heartbroken when he was gone, and hoping against hope he'd find his way home - and he did! That was amazing...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say the biggest hit was teufel! If he was stuck down there any longer he would have died.

There was no water down in the basement, except for what the washing machine threw out, its weird the tube lead under the concrete and then there was like a drain in the middle of the room and all the water went there, i presume he drank the detergent water to keep alive! he also lived off eating plastic.

he is a very healthy bouncy boy i am so glad that he did return!
He is actually more lovable since he came back!

Thank you everyone once again!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by fwan

I have to say the biggest hit was teufel! If he was stuck down there any longer he would have died.

There was no water down in the basement, except for what the washing machine threw out, its weird the tube lead under the concrete and then there was like a drain in the middle of the room and all the water went there, i presume he drank the detergent water to keep alive! he also lived off eating plastic.

he is a very healthy bouncy boy i am so glad that he did return!
He is actually more lovable since he came back!

Thank you everyone once again!
So he wasn't outdoors? How come nobody noticed him?
I think it was amazing you found him again I was hooked to that thread it must have been awful for you

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Soon after I joined TCS, the saga of MA's (hissy) bottle babies began.
If you are not familiar with Oliver, his litter mates and MA's struggle to keep them alive, I recommend that you read this whole thread...
It is better than any novel and truly represents the power of board magic, love and prayer.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...=bottle+babies

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Board magic got me and Persil through her life-threatening operation when her diaphragm ruptured and she was given a 10% survival chance. It was wonderful how many people found the time to support us even though it was Christmas and New Year holidays.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Board magic has helped find wonderful homes for a number of the kittens/cats the group I volunteer has rescued and fostered. TCS vibes and prayers were also with my sweet Claire during all the upheaval in her young life, especially when her former owner, who loved her so much, died unexpectedly. And, the wonderful support I received in the midst of worrying about Claire so much, ultimately led her home to me.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by xocats

Soon after I joined TCS, the saga of MA's (hissy) bottle babies began.
If you are not familiar with Oliver, his litter mates and MA's struggle to keep them alive, I recommend that you read this whole thread...
It is better than any novel and truly represents the power of board magic, love and prayer.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...=bottle+babies
I just read that whole thread, took a while and none of the pictures were there I had the red x's but I'll be checking when I get home. That was a real happy ending. Mary Anne is such a wonderful person

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While it wasn't a "success" in the true sense of the word, the heart attack and unfortunate passing of Cathy (Blondiecat) was an awesome display of this website's members pulling together. Some members here may have had differences with each other, but when the chips were down, everyone united together for the common cause of praying for her and her family.
In this, it was a success in another sense of the word. With everything going on in this world, and the fact that members are from all over the world, TCS showed that bottom line we are all human, and have the same fears, hopes and dreams. Everyone pulled together for someone that most of us had never even met, chatted with, or had even known of her, and that, in my opinion was a huge success.
If Cathy had been a movie star, or politician, or some other "known" figure, most members here might still have cared to express prayers, but there may have been some who may have made a negative comment on that "famous" person's character. And that is just another example of the "success" of Cathy and the board magic.
Ginger

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Board magic has helped me win some serious auditions...the encouragement I get here is AMAZING.

Then there was Teufel, all of the bottle babie and some of our losses even, namely my Lola, Kim's Smudge and even the loss of Cathi...I still can't think of another place where, despite how different we all are and how many different beliefs and agendas are represented here, everyone puts that aside and steps up to help. I remember getting help from Gaye and Nial on some of my issues with Lola...and here I was sitting here thinking they wouldn't DARE talk to me, let lone help me, since they're both breeders. It's quite amazing.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been many successes!

The one that I remember most is mzjazz2u's kitty Jake.