What stuff does your cat freak out at?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much, surprisingly... Really the only thing I can think of is sometimes if you pull or move something that is on the floor near her when she is walking around, she jumps. Such as if there's a piece of newspaper or a book or something on the floor and she's walking near it, and you slide the paper/book/whatever she sorta freaks out a little! I'm not sure why. Other than that she's really laid back and most things don't faze her.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to keep things noisy so loud noises generally don't bother them. I used to have to lift the tail of one cat to vacuum under him!! Most will move out of the way when I vacuum but they certainly don't run and hide.

But here are the 2 odd things that I noticed over the years: they HATE the accordian (I got rid of it), and there are certain Pink Floyd songs that they run and hide from.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our worst is Rusty who notices anything out of place or new in the house, he has to try and sneak up on whatever it is to figure out what it is, and if it moves or makes a noise while he is doing this he jumps about 4 feet in the air.

Panther don't like strangers or kids, he hides under or bed when people come in.

Angel on the other hand has to be right in the way checking out anything anyone is trying to do. One day the cable guy was here and he had a tool that came in a big soft lined case, well while he was testing the cables in the house Angel climbed right into the case the special tool goes in and she wasn't going to move.

There isn't much that gets Missy wound up these days, she can get mean if she don't want to be petted or touched at times.

Then there is my late Tuffy, The house could be burning down and if he was comfortable in his chair he wouldn't even notice or care. The only thing he didn't like where some kids that come over, if the kid is of the quiet type he would let them pet him, Yvonne's sisters kid is of the high strung noisey type and Tuffy wouldn't let her near him.

Then there was the time I bought one of those big battery powered mice that run all over the floor, Rusty would jump if it came near him, Panther would follow it but would not touch it, Tuffy was on kill mode and would try to tear it apart, and the 2 girl cats would watch all this looking like they were thinking look at those fools chasing and stalking a dumb toy.