Remember When - Alan Jackson
Let It Be - The Beatles
When I Look To The Sky - Train
These Are The Days - Van Morrison
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Learn To Fly - Shannon Noll
Wind Beneth My Wings - Bette Midler
Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World - Bob Marley?
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great thread! I am a sensitive soul, and am moved to tears easily, especially by music.
Rascal Flats- Skin (always cry when I hear that one)
Arlington- not sure who sings this one
Evenescence- My Immortal
Tim McGraw- Live Like You Are Dying
The Wallflowers- 5th Ave Heartache

I know that there are so many more, I just can't think of them right now.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My beloved kitty Bartholomew's nickname was Mew.
Awww that is too sweet! You big sook!
I thought I was the only crazy cat lady who sang to her cats!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Living Years-Mike and the Mechanics
Just the Two of Us-Will Smith
Amazing Grace
The music at the end of The King and I, when the King dies

Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd
End of the Road-Boys to Men (?)

ixheartxdarwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the one in the sick kids commercial where their like

"lean on me, when your not strong, and ill be your friend, ill help you carry on, no, it wont be long, before im gonna need, somebody to lean on"

And theyve got all of these sick kids singing, breaks my heart.

then at the end they go "they need us, we need you"

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another song that makes me cry but more out of anger than sorrow would be "Doll Parts" by Hole. Actually, anything from Hole's Live Though This is very emotionally provoking. I think Courtney Love is an artistic genius.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just heard John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" on my computer and sat there thinking about how he was soon dead, and never got to see his son grow up.
Very moving.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sing to my kitties every day. I make up songs as I go along.
I think that cats like the sing-song tones of our voices.
No one else does though.

I am glad to know that you sing to your kitties.

Hooray...we are not alone.

Originally Posted by pushylady

Awww that is too sweet! You big sook!
I thought I was the only crazy cat lady who sang to her cats!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sing to my kitties, too. Tailer will come and join me on almost any song I sing. To get Forest and Harvey to come, I have to sing something from "Cats". (Seriously...if I sing something from Cats they come running and sit at my feet and meow along with me. It's so weird.)

As far as songs that make me cry...there are tons of them. Especially if it's "that" time of the month.
Ones that get me every time, though, are:
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (my hubby has always said it's his song for me, and was our first dance at our wedding)
Lullabye - Billy Joel (my father-daughter dance...Dad and I still sob every time we hear it)
Skin - Rascal Flatts (makes me think of when all my cousins shaved their heads in support of my cousin who was undergoing chemo...she just celebrated her 25th anniversary of being cancer-free)
Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
The Good Stuff - Kenny Chesney
That's Why I Love You - Phil Vassar (I have no idea why...it's a happy song!)
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just heard the song I think is called "When I Get Where I'm Going" with Dolly Parton and someone else (sorry, new to the country scene, still getting to know/recognize voices). It's such a beautiful song!

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first time I heard the Dixie Chicks' "Travelin' Soldier", I cried. My guy is in the military, though, and I was all worried and anxious about him being deployed at the time. Not that I'm a big Dixie Chicks fan, but a friend sent me that song a couple years ago.

The Sisters of Mercy's "Emma" always makes me tear up.

"I'll Keep Your Secrets" from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's rock opera, 'Beethoven's Last Night' might not always make me tear up, but it does sometimes, when I'm in a mood. And "I'm Not That Girl" from the Wicked soundtrack, when I'm feeling all down and lonely.

And any lovesong that comes on when I haven't heard from my guy in a while (he's on a carrier, and they sometimes cut off communication for weeks) will make me all teary. I try to avoid them.

I really don't often listen to music that makes me feel sad. My music might be dark, and some people have described my overall genre as gothic, but it's not depressing. Music on the radio is depressing... broken up love and all that nasty jazz.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Against All Odds by Phil Collins....schmultzy I know but it gets me every time!

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love all kinds of music and, though I am often moved by music, rarely cry because of it, but country artists really know how to do it to you, don't they? I think it's because country music tends to be about common, real-life situations. "Songs About Me," as Trace Adkins put it.

If You Get There Before I Do - Colin Raye
Where've You Been? - Kathy Mattea
Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
Live Like You Were Dying - Tim again
Skin - Rascall Flats
You Were Mine - Dixie Chicks

I'm sure there are more country songs. I just can't think of any right now. And one that's not really country, but just breaks my heart: Johnny Cash's rendition of Hurt. Especially if you watch the video. It's too much.

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad used to make me cry because it described how the guy I absolutely loved felt about me, I thought—until the day he asked me to marry him.
It doesn't make me cry anymore.

The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics does, though, mainly because it makes me think of my father, whom I do not like and will probably never have a relationship with. I've accepted that, but it still makes me sad.

There are lots of songs, too, that make me sad and/or thoughtful without actually causing me to cry. The Wind that Shakes the Barley by Dead Can Dance is one. Sounds of Silence, Imagine ... there are lots of those.