What Signals Spring for You?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I saw the red-wing blackbirds this weekend too.

The robins have been back as well.

Yesterday I sat outside after work with my St. Pats beer and there was a fly buzzing around-must have unthawed from somewhere!

Also I notice that the weeping willow trees on my drive to work have the branches appear more mustard-y yellow in color vs the brownish color they appear in the winter.

Bad signs are the stones, ruts and trash that had been covered by the snowplows in the winter which need to be corrected.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The songs of birds filling the air.

Spring is almost here.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing I notice, right about when we change the clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time, I begin to hear the birds twittering in the trees on the walk into work. Then the rains bring that damp spring dirt smell (which is wonderful!) Then, one day soon after, on the drive home from work, I'll notice all of the trees have broken out in that bright yellow-green aura...when the brand new leaves have just broken bud, and the trees almost glow green. I love that day! Then a couple of days later, all of the flowering trees come in bloom. It's such a beautiful time of year...I just wish it lasted a little longer!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living right beside a river I have a ton of willow trees along the shoreline, as soon as they start to bud and form pussywillows I know spring has sprung. Also the return of the red-winged blackbirds, robins, and a very noisy group of Canada Geese who nest about 50 yards from the bottom of my stairs.

lync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in N. VA and we had our biggest snowfall in March. I am so ready for Spring! I like Smell the Mud like others have said. I notice smells too. I like the Easter flowers in the grocery store -- Hyacinths!! Also, the change in Daylight Savings Time is an indicator of spring; robins and sparrows nesting; Easter candy; and daffodils popping up all over.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I can hear the birds chirping and when the snow melts enough that we can ride the motorcycle... that's spring!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to add...
Dexter and Sadie begin their annual spring fur shed of their winter coats.

They both got furminated today.