What SHOULD you have named your cat(s)?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ming Loy should have been named "Thumpy." Her neurological problem (affecting her back legs) makes her walk very loudly - and she's constantly plopping onto her behind, or falling onto her side and rolling onto her back. When we first brought her home, we could NOT believe how noisy it was having her around! But she's doing so well, and is SUCH a happy cat. But she SHOULD have been named Thumpy, because any time we're someplace and she isn't - and she decides to join us, we can hear her half a house away. Inevitably one of us says "Here comes Thumpy!"

Flowerbelle should have been named Tinkerbell! Flowerbelle is so cute - so cute that she gets away with being such an imp at times without anybody getting upset. She's our tiniest cat (at 7 pounds, the vet says she's our most "normal sized" cat, lol! Ming Loy is pudgy at 9.5 pounds, but vet says that's to be expected because of her handicap. Tuxie's fighting to gain weight back, but even he's at the large end of cats at a normal 10.5 pounds - the rest are just big framed cats. Lazlo and Sheldon weigh 14 pounds each, and both are trim - they're just big boys). So here we have this tiny cat, very impish, but also at times very sweet. With her fairy-like appearance and her impish nature, Tinkerbell would have been the appropriate name for her.
(We named her Flowerbelle Lee after a Mae West character in the movie "My Little Chickadee." She needed to be a strong female, a fighter to survive. It seemed appropriate.
)

Sheldon, named after Sheldon Kornpet, DDS in the ORIGINAL In-Laws, should have been named Scooter. He's just such a clown and such a goof-ball, the only thing that comes to mind when he's attacking a toy - jumping two feet into the air, pouncing, then running away to do it again - is "that boy's a Scooter."

...and finally, the other mis-named cat in our bunch of six, is Spooky. Spooked by everything when she was a feral kitty, she is now spooked by nothing. She is no longer phased by loud noises - not even phased by visitors she's never met! She is a lap-cat, a love bug, a kneader and a drooler. She now walks up to us, flops on her back at our feet and gives a quick "meow" for attention - pet me, love me, scritch me! The only appropriate name is "lover," lol! After a good pet session, she walks around kneading for a while. She'll walk out to get a drink, and stand there drinking and kneading the carpet in front of the water fountain while she's drinking! What a lover she's become.

What should you have named your cat(s)?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nicely thread Laurie!

Milky sometimes I think he should be called "MR Gossip"!!!
.. you cannot open a no one plastic bag, because he "appear" from the nothing to smell and to see ¿what do you do with the contein of the same?...!!!

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Godzilla should have been named "whine" because he cries out like he's being attacked whenever he wants ANYTHING.

in which case I guess I should rename Mea "cheese" because they go so well together. ;-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

nicely thread Laurie!

Milky sometimes I think he should be called "Gossip"!!!
.. you cannot open a no one plastic bag, because he "appear" from the nothing to smell and to see ¿what do you do with the contein of the same?...!!!
Yes - we could also have named Ming Loy "Bag Lady." She's very similar when it comes to plastic - and paper - bags, lol! But she doesn't care about what's in them or what we do with what's in them - she HAS to leap on them! It's why we make sure never to leave any plastic bags around. The paper ones without handles... we put out on purpose.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bobber-well we weren't creative as she is a bobtail cat. New name-drooly as when she is happy she drools. Ox no change and Grizzly well she has gained a tad bit of weight so she is usually Grizzly Bear. And Bakker-DH has a naughty names for him!!

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mean boy-Buzz is such a grumpy old man at 2
Pain in the butt-Emmie is so in your face
Snot-Missy
Skitso-Hannah
Squeeky-Ash, she sounds like a baby kitten when she meows
Hunter-Quki, the name says it all

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max: Tobey. He's a sweetheart and he needs a softer named.
Baylee: Not sure. Maybe her name fits her because while she can be very lady like, she can also rustle and tostle with Max like a tomboy. Maybe I didn't do that badly on her name!

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bad Kitty!
Cuckoo-Bird!
But seriously..I'm pretty happy with their names, especially Tucker's. His hit me out of the blue & just fits him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I've thought about this before. Levi should have been Angel, Jordan should have been Diablo, Isaac should have been Sampson.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brianlojeck

Godzilla should have been named "whine" because he cries out like he's being attacked whenever he wants ANYTHING.

in which case I guess I should rename Mea "cheese" because they go so well together. ;-)

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orei SHOULD have been named Jersey, because he looks like a Jersey cow.

Princess's name fits perfectly.

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is so funny b/c I was thinking of starting A thread like this! Tigger shoul've been named Turkey, or Sausage ,or Meany since he's 20 lbs and rude to my other boys. Picasso should've been named Freek b/c thats what he is a little freek! Shadows name is perfect b/c thats all we ever see of him...His Shadow! Kayas name should've been Pineapple since I got him in Hawaii!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kahu should have been named White Shadow - he follows us everywhere and is like a shadow!

Peedoodle - well the name does suit him, its a weird name and he came equipped with it and I liked it.
But sometimes I call him little b*****d because of his attitude.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ivo should have probably been named "Gossip Queen"-she loves to talk. Either that, or "Flirt"-she seems to prefer men.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Red Cat should have been called Scaredy Cat, as he is terrified of every human but me. Even runs and hides if he hears a car start to come in the driveway. Or I should have called him Caruso (for the opera singer), because he "sings" SO loud and so often.

Sheba should have been called Your Highness, as she came in and took over as queen immediately.

Purdy - I don't know. A couple of days ago I would have said Little Stinker or Little ****. While trying to get him in the carrier to take him to the groomer, he pooped all over me, the office carpet, and the bathroom floor. He pooped in the bath and on the grooming table at the groomers. Such fun. NOT!

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heidy: Black Betty - because she is completly black and she can be evil when she wants to be, lol.

Monty: Piglet- Because he is skinny, but he can eat like a HORSE. I guess it would either be that or Mr Ed.

Ozkar: "Shuddup Cat!"
or Duet, because he is very loud when he wants something, and is the only one who does it.

Midnight: Shyloh - because he is shy, and keeps a low profile mostly, but he loves his cuddles!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Teufel i think should have been called thomas. He just has a thomas face?

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Izzie should have been named "Lassie". She often comes runniing and meowing at me as if someone needs help NOW!!!