What shampoo/conditioner to use?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

[font= "Comic Sans MS"]Seriously? Wow... okay... Do you think Dawn is better than a "high quality" shampoo like Tresseme`?[/font]
Yes ... many vets have told ME NO to BABY shampoo...

I wont use stuff like Tresseme on me ( ingrediants ) but many a cats have and are fine the ph should be better...

Dawn is great stuff .... I have used it on my girls from time to time and on a few other creatures

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From personal experience the less scent it has the better. Cats want to smell like cat, and disrupting that as little as possible should be your goal. If you're not going to show him or anything, fancy stinky conditioners and shampoos aren't necessary. Try Dawn, a tiny bit in your palm that you suds up before putting it on the cat.

Also-- if he is an adult cat be prepared for a surprise, a lot of cats love water and still hate baths. I bathe mine too, and she tolerates it, but doesn't like it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are gonna use Pantane/Tressme conditioner - then use the shampoo too
Baby shampoo is only for an emergency washing. If you are doing it as routine washing, baby shampoo will eventually ruin the coat.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I give my Sophie baths with my very own Pantene.
He's not too keen on the "bath" part, but smells and feels sooooo soft afterwards!!!