What sex are my Kittens?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad she wasn't spayed earlier, they can be done at around 8 weeks (I prefer 10 weeks).

I hope the grandmother has now been spayed, please spay/neuter all the kittens before placing them in their new homes. Also get the mum tested for any diseases she could have picked up from mating the neighbourhood tom.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

How sad she wasn't spayed earlier, they can be done at around 8 weeks (I prefer 10 weeks).

I hope the grandmother has now been spayed, please spay/neuter all the kittens before placing them in their new homes. Also get the mum tested for any diseases she could have picked up from mating the neighbourhood tom.
I agree, its six months here though until they will spay/neuter, I think its too old as people let their cats roam alot younger than that and its not fair. x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shonk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The mother was spayed when the kittens where 6 weeks
i tried getting the kitten done at 5 months but they wouldnt let me put her on the waiting list until she was 6 though

Its not a big deal though i will get her done when the kittens are 6 weeks
and the 4 kittens she had last night will be found good homes

http://www.shonk.org/Kittens/Kittens2/

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait until the kittens are at least 10 weeks before spaying mum, her babies will still be nursing at 6 weeks which will cause her some discomfort.