What rituals do you have with your kitties?

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only ritual I created was putting Wilbur in my bed, covering him up, and crawling in next to him so we were like a married couple in a bed. Then he would put his head under the blanket, so I had to cover mine. If he got up, I did too and carried him back up to my bed after he ate or used a litterbox. I started doing this to help myself go to sleep because petting a cat makes me tired, but he always loved doing it too. After he decided it was too hot under there, Wilbur went to the middle of the bed and curled up behind my legs.

Patricia made up her own bedtime ritual: I was required to roll onto my back just to let her walk on me to my left side and give me a massage, then lie down next to me with her head facing the wrong direction (LOL) for tummy rubs.

Emily created this one: Every time she heard Mom's car roll up the driveway, she sat on the same step to watch her come in from the garage. It did not matter what time she came home, only that she heard a car coming. Patricia went to the kitchen pantry to wait for treats.

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...Aww. Annabelle used to have a stuffed kitten. When she was a little baby she would wrestle with it. I think it was because she was just slightly bigger than it and she needed to practice her moves for when the bigger and feistier Ella came along for a wrestling match. When Annabelle was bigger she would carry it around and put it in places like her bed, or in her cat condo. She would get very upset if you moved her kitten and would take it and put it back. She was even caught a few times talking to it. She would stop immediately if she knew you were watching.
I am not entirely sure where the kitten has disappeared to, but I have not seen it in a while, and there is no replacing it for Annabelle, I tried.
   I think that's probably the cutest thing I've ever read.

ibiscribe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's adorable. Ana did that with one of their toys... it even seemed like she was trying to nurse it a few times. It was one of these stuffed toys at the end of a string that you wave around... We were relieved after about a week, when she finally lost interest. Because the other two still saw it as a toy, and it was causing drama. I don't think Ana liked seeing her kitten 'flying' around the room.