What PEOPLE on here take gse?

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was scared to death at the age of 17 when my doctor told me that I had IBS. I thought it was something very rare, and she told me that it wasn't! Now, I know that a lot of women have it. I know some men that have, like my father.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is IBS where you eat certain foods, such as spicy foods, and then it pretty much goes right through you? I get this only if I eat certain spicy foods, like Wendy's spicy chicken.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Without getting to graphic, IBS is when your bowel constricts instead of expands causing excruciating cramping to occur. Drinking lots of water, eating fiber helps and there are medications to stop the spasms. Stress, diet, lack of exercise can all affect this condition, and yes more women then men suffer from it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tigger
Is IBS where you eat certain foods, such as spicy foods, and then it pretty much goes right through you? I get this only if I eat certain spicy foods, like Wendy's spicy chicken.
You might be thinking of dummping syndrome. Although I don't think that is restricted to just spicey foods.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
You might be thinking of dummping syndrome. Although I don't think that is restricted to just spicey foods.
Now, that is something i have never heard of until now! I looked it up, but don't think that is what I have. It says dumping syndrome is related to stomach surgeries. Maybe the spicieness just doesnt agree with me as much anymore.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom sufferes from the dumping syndrome,she's on
meds to help her with it