What other kinds of pets do you have?

cobbybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
bad_kitty2001;2257664 said:
Snails? I think you are the first person I know that has snails for a pet. How do you take care of them?

Snails are easy to take care of. They need a heat mat in the winter months but not in the summer. I feed them lettuce, cucumber, courgette and a variety of fruit. Also they need cuttlefish to keep their shells stong. My largest snail at the moment is about 6 1/2 inches long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cobbybear;2258269 said:
Originally Posted by bad_kitty2001

Snails? I think you are the first person I know that has snails for a pet. How do you take care of them?

Snails are easy to take care of. They need a heat mat in the winter months but not in the summer. I feed them lettuce, cucumber, courgette and a variety of fruit. Also they need cuttlefish to keep their shells stong. My largest snail at the moment is about 6 1/2 inches long.
That's one big snails!

smiffygans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 birds, a rabbit, and an entire host of stray cats that I'm attempting to care for.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bad_kitty2001

Just thought I would see what kinds of pets everyone else has. I have 2 cats, 1 rat and 3 guinea pigs.
I used to have a dog but he has went where all good doggies go. He shared the house with two cats and got along just fine with them and never threatened them once.

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here in Indonesia I have 4 kittens, at home in England (where I should hopefully be in 6 weeks, yey!) we have 3 horses (Faeroe, Alfie, Jessica) - (more hassle than they're worth), 2 perfect dogs (Reuben and Sophie), 2 cats (Lily and Jacque le cu), 1 house rabbit (Rupert), loads of chickens, about 30, 2 geese (Mary and Williamina), and 6 hives of bees. Miss them sooo much! Don't think I've left anyone out...

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 cats, 1 dog, 2 fancy goldfish, 8 mountain minows, 5 yamota shrimp, 4 corydoras, 2 ottos, several snails and 2 african dwarf frogs.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats,3 rats,9 mice,1 syrian hamster,2 leopard geckos,1 African giant millipede and fish (gouramis,minnows,loaches and 2 bettas).

I also foster beagles and greyhounds for the local rescues.