What odd things get you through the day?

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get upset about something, Like dental appts or ,you know, life stuff, it is time to hug the cat. As for daily stuff, I am more apt to turn the TV off and just have peace and quite for a while. My Hubby leaves the idiot box on 24/7. It saps my energy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My German Shepherd, Hagan. He's the best little companion
Even if I'm having a crappy day, he still needs to get up and get walked/ play so he keeps me moving and puts me in a good mood. I really like taking him to the park for a good walk/run if I'm having a bad day- always puts me in a better mood.

Other things.....Mascarra (always feel better if I have some good makeup on), anything from Lush (www.lush.com), and facebook / TCS

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't consider it odd, but praying with DH before I head out to work. It helps me through my day and I go to work with a cheerful disposition.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

Leaving the TV in my office parked on the RTV (Retro Television Network) channel and watching Ironside, Marcus Welby M.D. and Emergency. I've even gotten somewhat hooked on Kojack. When the TV isn't on I have 70s music on the CD player, or classic country on my HD radio.
Funny how shows and music that I didn't even like back in the seventies and eighties when they were popular are so comforting now....

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
songs in my head! they play all day and if i get tired of one i simply change the internal station

and as far as tv, when i stumble on "Cold Case" (re-runs air on TNT) i know i'm going to be entertained for one hour (not laughing entertainment since it's an emotionally charged police drama. ..........Detective Rush rules!!) (if anyone else here likes "Cold Case", feel free to send me a message or whatever)

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great thread!
When I'm feeling down I go bug Boo. She's a very busy girl and not a lap kitty at all, so I need to ambush her with kisses

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch my tapes of Vicar of Dibley and Are you being served? BBC programs. I am addicted and watch them every night before going to bed. I feel like I know these characters so well I could be apart of the shows.
It is a great way to escape.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Coffee!!! It gets me through at least the morning, but if I dont have it then my whole day gets messed up! Also energy drinks even though they are bad for you
. Getting to see my kitties too, especially Bug, she makes all my stress go away!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Other things.....Mascarra (always feel better if I have some good makeup on), anything from Lush (www.lush.com), and facebook / TCS
Oooh I second on the Lush stuff!! I love that store and their products and and and- I really had to cut down my spending on soaps and bath stuff...
But nothing beats a Lush bath. Yeah, for some reason just thinking about their stuff makes me happy and a bit relaxed!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to think about it. The oddest thing is a 3' metal ball chain. It was from a piece I bought to extend the chains on the ceiling fans.
I'll play with this thing for hours while at my computer or watching tv, twirling it around my fingers and such. It's relaxing. I'll actually get a bit upset if I can't find the thing...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Oooh I second on the Lush stuff!! I love that store and their products and and and- I really had to cut down my spending on soaps and bath stuff...
But nothing beats a Lush bath. Yeah, for some reason just thinking about their stuff makes me happy and a bit relaxed!!
Isn't Lush amazing??? I swear I'm addicted to their products!

Money's been really tight for me since my divorce and starting medical school, so a lot of times I'll just go in the store and sniff the new stuff (And since I have so many friends there, they're quite generous with free samples lol). Have you tried their shampoo pucks? One shampoo puck lasts the same amount of time as 3 regular sized bottles of shampoo and winds up being much cheaper in most cases!
I've got tons of tricks up my sleeves for stretching my lush products too! (and if you join their website, their fourms have tips and ideas on how to use their products and get more bang for your buck!)

I still have a tub full of yummies from Christmas time that one of my sweet friends sent to me from Lush so I've definitely enjoyed using that!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dvd player in my cab, so when I am not on a trip, I watch movies. When I am moving, I have a cd player and decent speakers so I can listen to music. It makes 60 hours a week go by a little easier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I had to think about it. The oddest thing is a 3' metal ball chain. It was from a piece I bought to extend the chains on the ceiling fans.
I'll play with this thing for hours while at my computer or watching tv, twirling it around my fingers and such. It's relaxing. I'll actually get a bit upset if I can't find the thing...
Well that just made me laugh while freaking me out!
I had the same type of chain, a remnant of, yes, a ceiling fan chain, and played with it constantly (Sorry there was no way to write that without it sounding a bit strange, or the rest of this)
I used to twirl it around my index finger, or around my hand, helicopter fashion, and twirl it it back once it wrapped up, it made a weird clinky sound, and a neat blur in the air. It got loose, twirrled off my hand, right into a heating vent, and was lost. I heard it clinking down all the pipes, and I did get a bit upset!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Well that just made me laugh while freaking me out!
I had the same type of chain, a remnant of, yes, a ceiling fan chain, and played with it constantly (Sorry there was no way to write that without it sounding a bit strange, or the rest of this)
I used to twirl it around my index finger, or around my hand, helicopter fashion, and twirl it it back once it wrapped up, it made a weird clinky sound, and a neat blur in the air. It got loose, twirrled off my hand, right into a heating vent, and was lost. I heard it clinking down all the pipes, and I did get a bit upset!
Interesting. It really does make a nice noise and when you twirl it around it cools so that it's cold when it wraps back up on your fingers. If I lost mine I'd probably have to go buy another.