What number of cats makes you "crazy?"

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the most I've had in one go was 3 and I managed very well with them and then I had 2 and a large dog who arrived as an abandoned puppy age 6 weeks so he didn't know what cats were. Once I let him lose he ran to my lotto and they rubbed noses and then to my gentle - a massive misnomer -

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry about that hit reply by accident.
A massive misnomer
who gave him a full bodied spit. Not a hiss but a very ladylike spit.
He and lotto loved each other so much. When he died of that worm disease we nearly lost lotto who was pining, not eating or drinking and looking for him and calling him. It took the vet ten days to get him eating and drinking again. I was taking him twice a day to see her.
sorry went off track.

criticalglitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two males who I consider my kids. Since I am childfree, my parents jokingly refer to them as their grandkids. The second cat was "unplanned". I picked him up off the street as a kitten. When I adopted him, my parents were against it because they were afraid I was becoming a crazy cat lady (they are pet-free but lean towards dogs). I've stopped at two because it's all I can handle, but I'm still a crazy cat lady to them. On a side note they have bonded with the new cat and accept him as a member of the family. 

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
You can be crazy with one cat. It breaks my heart that well meaning people adopt a cat with no thought as to how to provide for it. No money to spay, no money for emergency vet visits. Becoming a caregiver is more than a big bag of meow mix, and some people just don't understand that, all they see is that cute kitten, it breaks my heart![emoji]128148[/emoji]

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I have two males who I consider my kids. Since I am childfree, my parents jokingly refer to them as their grandkids. The second cat was "unplanned". I picked him up off the street as a kitten. When I adopted him, my parents were against it because they were afraid I was becoming a crazy cat lady (they are pet-free but lean towards dogs). I've stopped at two because it's all I can handle, but I'm still a crazy cat lady to them. On a side note they have bonded with the new cat and accept him as a member of the family. 
My mom also laughs about having "grand-cats".  

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crazy Cat Person:

One who has more than one cat and never leaves the confines of their household.  Yup that would anyone bat*hit crazy!

Hence why you should also own a dog! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can be crazy with one cat. It breaks my heart that well meaning people adopt a cat with no thought as to how to provide for it. No money to spay, no money for emergency vet visits. Becoming a caregiver is more than a big bag of meow mix, and some people just don't understand that, all they see is that cute kitten, it breaks my heart![emoji]128148[/emoji]
My two won't eat meow mix.

finnicky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The correct answer is "0". Not owning a cat makes you crazy unless you have allergies of course!

tabbykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I sometimes joke around with friends/family about me being on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady because I'm single, don't have kids, and have had up to 3 cats at one time but I'm really just kidding about it.  To me a crazy cat lady is someone who has more than she can handle and the place stinks...kind of like a hoarder as others have mentioned.  I also don't think it's necessarily the number of cats, but how much they take over your life and you start becoming a recluse or something, not socializing with people.

I do agree that people with multiple dogs are not frowned upon as much as us cat people.  I used to work with a woman who had 5 dogs & 4 cats and nobody thought of her as crazy.  I was just amazed they all got along. 

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well if the Crazy Cat Lady action figure that Amazon sells is any indication - the number is apparently 6 cats....

Although they also sell on that comes with 8 cats...

My question is - they don't sell a "Crazy Cat Man" action figure set, so I guess I can have as many cats as I want and still not be crazy?

Though the truth is, I walk Makena all the time - which qualifies me as crazy by some standards.....

Eric

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you want a cat but are afraid to be labeled a crazy cat lady for having one, then the number is "0".

I'm far saner for having a cat, myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want that action figure!

There was a lady at work one time that dressed up for Halloween as a crazy cat lady. She had her hair in rollers and wore a robe that she had attached stuffed cats to, and she completed the ensemble with a pair of cat slippers. It was pretty funny, but it makes me wonder if people perceive me that way. I do spend most weekends lounging on the couch in my pajamas, hanging out with the kitties, and yes--I do talk to them.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if the Crazy Cat Lady action figure that Amazon sells is any indication - the number is apparently 6 cats....

Although they also sell on that comes with 8 cats...

My question is - they don't sell a "Crazy Cat Man" action figure set, so I guess I can have as many cats as I want and still not be crazy? :lol3:

Though the truth is, I walk Makena all the time - which qualifies me as crazy by some standards.....

Eric
I think that male persons get crazy status by outsider right when they even show slightest interest in cats, yet alone have one!

I think that those cat figures look actually quite nice and well done, they don't happen to sell those alone? :D

I did count 8 cats in both of those, there is a green cat, even it looks more like frog and also black cat at bottom, 2nd one has better looking cats, imo.

Remember not to search for "Cat figurine", too many cute things, must, resist...