What Novel Proteins Do You Keep On Reserve?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eliminating dry food will go a long way to preventing digestive issues. Also minimizing her exposure to inappropriate food ingredients like pea protein and wheat gluten. If you can prevent the leaky gut in the first place, you won’t have foreign food particles in the blood for the immune system to attack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eliminating dry food will go a long way to preventing digestive issues. Also minimizing her exposure to inappropriate food ingredients like pea protein and wheat gluten. If you can prevent the leaky gut in the first place, you won’t have foreign food particles in the blood for the immune system to attack.
She only gets about 1 tbsp of dry a day. It's Wysong's Epigen 90 starch free formula.

1) I can't get her to eat more than 3oz of wet food in 24 hours so it helps give her a bit of healthy calories, and 2) it helps me afford the more expensive wet stuff she likes.

Additionally, once or twice a year we go out of town for a few days and while I can get someone to come over once a day, I can't get someone to come over twice a day. So it helps make sure she isn't left without food.

The only foods in my current rotation that have any peas, potatoes, or wheat is the Weruva (potato starch) Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken (peas) and she gets those once a week or less. Everything else does not have that.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like food rotation, doing what you can to spread around the risk is better than putting all your proteins in one plate. ;). But you’ll also do well to minimize exposure to irritants as much as you can. You do what you can. Until you can do better.